Chapter 84: Therapists and Patients

26th June 1978
Rosalind was walking towards the train with her friends. They were travelling home for summer again. Their last summer break from Hogwarts. Next time they'll come back as seventh years. It was weird how fast time had flown by. Rosalind had known Sophia for six years and Lydia for three.

Rosalind remembered thinking in her first year how much older and more mature the oldest students at Hogwarts were. Now that she's almost there, she knows that it was just a facade they were holding up. The most are actually just as immature as the first years.

"Still can't believe Mulciber did that. I'm thankful he won't be around next year." Sophia mumbled. After she heard what he did to Evan and Barty, she couldn't let it go. She had been furious and screamed a lot at him.

If he didn't understand that what he did was wrong, Sophia would never in a million chances marry him. This was her best friends he hurt. He had destroyed their lives. Rosalind thought it would be for the best if they didn't get married. Mulciber was a dick, always been always will. Sophia could do much better.

Lydia had decided not to talk to her brother during the summer, she was also furious at him. He was going to be ignored for as long as necessary. Lydia couldn't help but wonder how he would react if he found out that she liked girls. Would her own brother hate her for liking girls?

Lydia and Dorcas broke up right before summer break. Neither thought it was worth it to keep a relationship going when one of them was away at Hogwarts. It had been a mutual decision but it didn't stop Lydia from tearing up when she thought about it.

Things would get too complicated and it would be easier to break things off before it did. Lydia had been very sad the last week. Having your heart broken while being mad at your brother wasn't the best combination.

Rosalind herself didn't have many worries at the moment. She was thankful the period with dreadful tests was over so she could take a break. The three girls took an empty compartment and put their trunks up over the seats.

Sophia put her owl Bessie next to her. Rosalind and Lydia sat down in front of her. Rosalind noticed Regulus and his friends walking past.

Evan and Barty didn't say anything. They had barely uttered a word the whole day. It was quiet in their compartment. Regulus enjoyed the silence, however he didn't enjoy knowing that his friends are miserable.

He knew they wouldn't start talking anytime soon because they had barely talked during this whole week. Regulus took out a book he had found in the library and decided to take it with him home for the holidays.

Rosalind and her friends had talked the whole ride back to London. They had caught up and talked about all of their summer plans. They knew they would see each other during the break.

Unfortunately not very much. Rosalind complained about Bessie a few times, Lydia shared all of her thoughts about her recent break up and Sophia let out her frustration about Mulciber.

They took turns playing therapist and patient. It was actually very nice to talk about everything that's on your mind. Rosalind contemplated about telling her friends that she might have a thing for Regulus. However she refrained from doing so.

They would just say 'I told you so' a million times and she wasn't in the mood for that. It would be nice to keep it as her own secret for a little while.

•*•

Hours later and the train was slowing down at King's Cross station. Regulus and his friends stepped down into the platform and took a look around for their parents. Evan and Barty had been dreading this for a week and Regulus had yet to see what his parents' mood was like today.

As he looked for them, he locked eyes with his brother. Sirius had graduated from Hogwarts and would never come back. Regulus hated himself for it, but he looked away quickly before anything bad could happen. He felt Sirius staring into his back as he continued to look for his parents.

Rosalind had stopped next to him and helped him in the search for Walburga and Orion Black. But they didn't seem to be here. They waited and as students and their families left the platform they still couldn't find them.

Rosalind hadn't said a single word to Regulus, she didn't have anything to say. When the platform was almost empty an apparition pop filled the silence. Rosalind snapped her head in the direction and saw Walburga.

•*•

Regulus, hi

It is horrible over here. My father ignores me like I don't even exist.  Mother at least greets me but I can shes just trying to be nice. I don't even know what to do, I know they don't want me here. If it was for them they would throw me out of the house. But I'm their only heir. Sorry. If it wasn't for my mark I'm sure they would have no faith left in me. I hate to know that I disappointed my father.

I hope you have it better at least. How is Rosalind treating you, is she still playing hard to get? I hope your parents aren't causing you any trouble.

Please write back
Evan

•*•

Hello Evan,

Don't let your father bring your mood down. You're a great friend and a wonderful person. You're absolutely not any less worth just because you're in love with Barty. You two are amongst the best people I know and I couldn't imagine my life without you two in it. You and Barty complete each other and together you bring out the best in each other.

R.A.B

•*•

Evan
Please come help me, I'm dying over here.
My father takes every chance to tell me how much of a disgrace I am to the family. I hate him more than ever and wish they didn't name me after him.

I want to see you soon but my lovely father forbid me from seeing my friends. But that won't stop me, I'll sneak out and take some muggle alcohol with me and we can have some fun.

Yours
Barty

•*•

I CAN'T STAND MY BROTHER!
Sorry, just wanted to say that.

Hi Rosa
William keeps on bragging about finding out that Evan and Barty are gay and my parents couldn't be more proud of him.

Ugh I hate my family. I just want to see you and Sophia again. I'm rotting in my room, I've moved around my furniture about twenty times and cleaned it out a dozen times.

How are you? Anything fun happening in Grimmauld place? I'm sure Regulus is a pain in the ass.

Love
Lydia

•*•

Hi Lydia

I feel so bad for you, I cant imagine how that must feel. You can come here anytime you want(please do). I haven't talked to Regulus yet, it feels awkward somehow. Even though we talk at school it gets weird when we get back to London. It's like it becomes more real, our future together can't be swept under the rug the same way. This time we actually have to face it.

Love
Rosalind