Chapter 28: Same Scent

He approached her, having no idea what to say. She must've heard his steps approaching because she looked up, but just as quickly she looked down again. Although, Regulus had been close enough to see that she had been crying.

Which he didn't even think she could do. Rosalind was emotionless, she had a black heart. Regulus was contemplating between staying and going back. He decided to stay and approached her.

He crossed his arms and breathed in, "I hope you're taking Sirius's room." he said, seriously.

"What if I'm not?" Rosalind asked, she tried to be feisty. But unfortunately, her voice broke when she said that. Regulus sighed again and looked away.

When he turned back to her she wiped away some tears with her sleeve. With her make up ruined, she looked run over by a truck. Regulus wanted to laugh at her, she looked pathetic. However, a little bit of him felt sorry for her, her parents had died. Of course she would be sad. But Regulus did what he did best.

Lock out all emotions.

"I'm a sleep kicker, sleepwalker and sleep hitter." Regulus started to list.

"I don't believe you." Rosalind stated and looked at Regulus. Her eyes were red and puffy. But she still nailed her facial expression. She looked at him like she didn't give a fuck about it.

Maybe she just didn't.

"Well, you should." Regulus stated.

Rosalind stood up and Regulus walked closer to her. She crossed her arms and raised her eyebrow. When Regulus took another step closer, she stepped back, into the cold, brick wall. Her breath hitched when Regulus started to smirk out of nowhere. When he trapped her between his arms and invading her private space, Rosalind started to breathe faster.

What was happening?

He had put his arms on either side of her just for fun, but he felt himself growing red. Rosalind looked away but she still felt him staring at her. She looked up at the heavy clouds, they were still dark, more rain would probably show soon.

She was right, the small, cold, rain drops fell from the sky within seconds. First one landed on her nose, then one on her head. More and more rain drops fell from the sky and in a few seconds it was raining heavy again. It was refreshing in some way, Rosalind had almost forgotten that Regulus was inches from her, with his arms on her sides.

She looked back at him and got surprised to how close he was, had he walked closer when she wasn't looking?

She frowned at him and he smirked. Rosalind stared at him, wide eyed before she looked away. She could not believe that she had found Regulus slightly attracted for a couple of seconds.

But it was probably just the rain, right? Just a one time thing. She felt Regulus staring at her, unwillingly, she looked back at him. Frankly, it was hard to look away when she wanted to. It felt like they stared into each other's souls. Rosalind tried to read his eyes, his ice blue eyes. But she couldn't get anything out of his gaze.

It was just some intense eye contact. Some eye contact with a guy. Rosalind hated him, she really, really hated him. Regulus looked away as if he realised something.

"Was it too much?" she asked tauntingly with a smirk. "Some eye contact with a girl?" Rosalind raised her eyebrow.

The reason why Regulus had looked away was because her clothes were soaked through, and the white blouse was very see through. Regulus could see everything.

"I was just worried it would be too much for you." Regulus said and looked back at her, but he kept his eyes firmly on hers.

"No, I've done a lot worse, You wouldn't be able to handle me." Rosalind retorted with a smirk. She crossed her arms and stared back at Regulus.

"Oh yeah?" Regulus asked and took another step closer. How close they were, almost intimidated Rosalind, but then she smelled it.

The same scent that was in her Amortentia. It smelled fresh with a tad bit of mint. "You know, I think it's you that can't handle me." Regulus continued and raised his eyebrow.

"Really?" Rosalind asked.

Regulus nodded, "Mhm." he said, slowly, while looking at Rosalind.

"Have you borrowed somebody's cologne or something?" Rosalind asked, totally changing the subject. Regulus didn't have many friends but Rosalind hoped that the person's cologne he borrowed wasn't Evan's because he crept her out.

"I haven't borrowed anyones cologne." he stated, bored. "Why? Did you smell me in your Amortentia?" he asked with a wide grin.

"Don't flatter yourself." Rosalind said, dismissive. "I would never sink so low so I'm attracted to you." Rosalind said and looked up at him. She glared at him but ended up making eye contact. Regulus looked at her like he was trying to connect something.

Sne saw how Regulus' mouth opened slightly, he was going to say something but Rosalind left before he got the chance. It was too much for her. Her thoughts were swirling around in her head. It had fucking rained and it had smelled exactly like her Amortentia.

Plus, Rosalind was briefly attracted to Regulus.

Regulus!

Why? Why, was this happening?

It couldn't be happening. His cologne was probably just something similar, it couldn't be the same scent. It didn't make sense.

She isn't attracted to Regulus. She hated his guts.

Regulus stood at the spot where Rosalind was mere minutes ago. Trying to sort out his thoughts and process what just happened. It had stopped raining, thank Merlin. Water dripped down from Regulus' hair down onto his shoulders. He was cold.

Regulus wondered what could've happened if she hadn't left him so abruptly. Because he had recognised her perfume. The same scent as the one he had smelled in the Amortentia.

He was certain, it was the exact same scent, vanilla with something sweet. Even though he didn't like it, he couldn't tell himself that it was some sort of mistake. He knew that it was the same scent, he could not deny it.

Regulus had already recognised the scent when he smelled it in his Amortentia. So it explained why it was so familiar when he smelled it again today.

But this doesn't mean that he is attratced to her. A lot of other people can wear that same perfume. That is the only explanation to this odd encounter. The scent itself was attractive, but Regulus was sure that nothing that was even slightly attractive could make Rosalind the teeniest bit attractive.

She was ugly and unpleasant to look at. She was annoying, her voice made Regulus want to kill himself.

•*•

Rosalind had been up all night. She smelled fucking Regulus Black's cologne in her Amortentia.

No.

That was not possible, she must've hallucinated. She couldn't have smelt Regulus. He was an annoying and stupid imbecile. Why would she ever be attracted to him?

All he does is provoking her, bickering with her and playing quidditch. Then somehow he managed to get on top of every class.

Which buggered the shit out of her. Since she wasn't naturally good in school like he supposedly was. This day had just been so, so weird.

Her parents had died and then Regulus smelled like her Amortentia.