Chapter 20: First Week

12th January 1977
First week of school had been good. Rosalind had tried to study but was really tired so she hadn't really gotten stuff done. She was behind on all subjects except transfiguration where she seemed to succeed even with minimal effort.

She was reading a book about magical creatures, it was homework and she needed to read three chapters until tomorrow. She had only read half a page so far. Rosalind didn't know why she suddenly had so hard for school now, probably because she was still processing the winter break. Even though she lived in denial about the events.

She was laying over a love seat with the book up in the air trying to read. It was no use so she groaned and put down the book on her face, thinking she might be able to rest a bit.

Regulus sat down in an armchair next to her with some paper, a book and a quill. She lifted her book a little to see him working hard on his homework. Rosalind smirked to herself, closed her book and sat up. She turned to him and watched as he wrote quickly on a piece of parchment with his neat handwriting.

He didn't seem to notice her but after ten seconds (which felt like an eternity to Rosalind) he finally noticed that she was there.

"What are you looking at?" he sneered at her.

"Nothing." she answered innocently. Regulus ignored her and opened his book. His eyes were fixated on the book while he was reaching for the quill. He took up the quill and began to write on the parchment he had laid out. But he couldn't help but feel the very clear difference. He was not writing on paper. When he looked at where his quill was touching, he only saw the bare wood table.

When he heard Rosalind chuckle he looked back at her and he saw her holding the papers while smirking.

"Give me my parchment." he demanded.

"Say please." Rosalind taunted with a smirk.

"There's no way I'm saying that. Just give me the parchment." he continued.

"Just take it." Rosalind said. Regulus reached for it but just as he was about to grab it, Rosalind jumped off the sofa.

"GIVE ME MY PAPERS, BULSTRODE!" he shouted. Now he had the attention of the whole common room.

"NO!"

They had gotten loud and angry fast. Regulus marched up to her but she was quick and rounded the sofa. They were now standing on opposite sides of the dark green love seat.

"You give me my papers now or I will kill something you love!" Regulus yelled through gritted teeth.

"Oh, I'm so scared." said Rosalind sarcastically. She wasn't scared, but the first years certainly were. Regulus glared at Rosalind and she glared back.

"Wow." Sophia said, which interrupted their staring contest.

"What?" Rosalind and Regulus asked in unison, both glaring at Sophia. She was just trying to do her homework but whenever Rosalind and Regulus fought, it was better to just rest your brain for a while. Because there is no way you can focus when somebody is screaming using up all the air that could possibly be in their lungs.

"Very much sexual tension." she pointed out and grinned. It was true but she also knew that they would think that it was a ridiculous statement and leave. So she would get two things out of it, a quiet common room to do her homework in and as a bonus she got to make fun of them.

Rosalind got flashbacks from that night in the kitchens when Melanie or Zoe or whoever said they had sexual tension too. "What, no?" Rosalind snorted and turned to her brother for back up.

"Sophia's right." he simply said.

"That's absurd!" Rosalind exclaimed. "I'm leaving."

She gathered her things, plus Regulus' papers and left. "Hey, you still have my parchment!" Regulus shouted after her.

"Don't care!" Rosalind shouted back and left the room. She went to the library. It was so quiet there, Rosalind sat down and studied. She was very productive for at least an hour. She read the chapters for the magical creatures class, redid an essay she had started on and answered som potion related questions for Slughorn's homework.

She noticed people entering the library and she heard that they were not the usual quiet students that went to the library to get away from the chaos in their common room, to study and catch up with homework, maybe read a nice book or just relax.

The marauders had entered and they weren't quiet, they laughed and talked loudly with each other. Why madam Pince hadn't said anything yet baffled Rosalind. She hid her face from the marauders in a book. They sat down on the table that was right next to hers and she cursed in her mind and wanted to die. She tried to stay quiet and hide her face as they talked.

"Moony, we are not here to study." she heard Sirius say. They seemed to search through books because the sound of turning pages was endless.

She sighed loudly when they didn't even seem close to leaving. Nobody said anything but she felt somebody looking her way.

"Yes! I found it!" Sirius exclaimed and the person that was looking at Rosalind turned away, probably to look at whatever Sirius had found.

"That's brilliant, Padfoot!" Peter said. Then he did something Rosalind couldn't see. He nodded towards her, sitting with her face in a book.

"You know that book is upside down, right?" James asked with a smirk. Rosalind responded with, "Mhm." not looking up from the book.

Sirius noticed the Slytherin robes and the rest of Rosalind and seemed to connect the clues. "Hello, Bulstrode." he greeted her with a big smirk. Rosalind wanted to die on the inside. "Doing some old fashion eavesdropping?" he asked.

She turned to her left and when she saw the four sixth years looking at her she actually wanted to drown herself in the black lake, something she seemed to want every time she was near a Black and his friends.

Sorry for not updating yesterday, I simply fell asleep like the minute I got home from school and then forgot all about it:/