Chapter 66: Nerd

I'm so so sorry for not updating. Here's a bunch of chapters as an apology.

5th February 1978
Rosalind ate her breakfast in peace. The tests had started to pile up and she really needed to start study a lot more. However she couldn't seem to make time for it. The evenings and weekends flashed by. Maybe she needed to stop drinking that damn fire whiskey.

She read the daily prophet, a book shop that was owned by two muggleborns had been burned down. Luckily nobody was harmed this time. The ministry suspected death eaters. They always did. Rosalind drank her wild berries tea as she continued to read through the newspaper.

Regulus sat with his head hung low, more and more muggles, muggleborns and half bloods started to disappear and their homes were left in nothing else but ruins. The Black family owl swooped into the great hall with all the other owls as mail arrived. It left a letter in front of Regulus and he gulped. What did his dear mother want now? Evan and Barty seemed to be thinking the same thing because they were looking curiously at the letter.

He carefully opened it and started to read through it as she scolded him for fighting, apparently the news had reached her too. Regulus and Travers were in detention for a whole month because of their fight. If Regulus found out who had snitched on them he would not hesitate before getting himself a month more.

Rosalind finally closed the paper, that was enough of bad news for today. She looked up and saw Natasha with her two friends, Zoe and Melanie. Rosalind didn't know which one of them it was, but one of them also had the daily prophet in front of her. She had the page about the bookshop open.  Rosalind recognised the moving picture of the ruins.

She looked around the hall, a lot of the younger students were also reading the paper. When Rosalind was in third year she wouldn't be caught dead with the daily prophet, times change when there is a war in the wizarding world. The children were worried about their families, of course.

Rosalind sat thorough her classes and paid attention, she had a long evening of homework tonight. Since she wasn't scheduled to patrol she would be in the common room with her textbooks in front of her face from the moment class ends to long after curfew. Perhaps with a little break for dinner, she'll have to wait and see.

She had just had transfiguration with Professor McGonagall, it had been a fun lesson and Rosalind had learned lots. She was gonna start to study for the test in transfiguration first, because some facts were still fresh in her head.

She sat down in a big love seat and threw her legs over the arm rest. She took up a transfiguration book and a note book and started to copy down the important details. "Hey, Bulstrode." Regulus said as he leaned over the love seat. He was looking down at her but she ignored him.

"Bulstrode?"

No answer. "Not now." she finally muttered as she copied something. Regulus shrugged, "Boring." It surprised him when she didn't react to that. "Huh." he said to himself as he sat down at a desk, he might as well get some homework done too then.

Barty was lazily laying on a sofa, reading a magazine about the famous wizard and witches and the latest gossip about them. The most probably wasn't even true, but he had found the magazine on the sofa when he got there so he might as well see what it is about. He reckoned a bunch of third years had forgotten it there.

Barty heard Evan's familiar laugh and looked up with a smile, it quickly faded when he saw him walking inside with a girl under his arms. Barty recognised her as a fifth year. Evan sat down in a love seat and she sat down on his lap. Barty tried to ignore it, however the celebrities were not as enticing anymore.