Chapter 33: The Same Argument

"You know his middle name?" Lydia asked and raised her eyebrow. "That's rather creepy, Greengrass." she continued.

"It's just that Rosalind talks about him obsessively, might not be nicest of word choices. But his middle name comes up once in a while." she answered with a shrug.

•*•

24th April 1977
"So now she heard us. What are we gonna do next?" Regulus asked, excited and rubbed his hands together. It was weird for both Evan and Barty to see him this happy.

"Don't involve me anymore." Evan said, defensively.

"Aw, you did it without me. Hand me three galleons each." Barty whined.

"Forget it." Regulus snorted and rolled his eyes.

"Never in my life." Evan refused.

They sat in the great hall during the breakfast hours, enjoying the first meal of the day. Regulus watched the doors, waiting for Rosalind to enter, he was curious to see how only a few hours of the knowledge that he likes her would affect her.

Surely she walked into the great hall, it looked like she barely had slept at all. She gave him a dirty look as she passed them but Regulus didn't react. Rosalind sat down as far away as possible from Regulus and his friends, trying to eat breakfast but her thoughts were too loud.

But she force fed herself some cereal and a cup of tea.

After breakfast when Regulus and his friends left the great hall, two girls walked up to them. Lydia and Sophia stood in front of the trio, glaring at only one member, Regulus.

"Hello?" Regulus asked, frowning. He had other matters to attend to than having Rosalind's friends glaring at him. "We need to talk to you." Sophia stated and nodded towards a hallway. Lydia only nodded slowly.

Barty pushed Regulus so he took a few steps forward and after that had no other choice than to walk with them. Regulus turned around and glared viciously at his friends. Barty grinned at Evan and the two of them walked towards the next lesson. Who knew how long their little talk could take.

"What did you do to Rosalind?" Lydia asked, sternly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"I have not done anything to your dear friend." Regulus said, nonchalantly.

"We know you have!" Sophia exclaimed. "Out with it!" she continued. She was not a patient person.

"As much as I enjoy watching her act the way she does, I have not caused it this time." Regulus continued to deny, but the smirk on his face gave him away.

Sophia sighed, frustrated and angry at this very annoying bloke. She understood more clearly than ever why Rosalind's blood boiled around him. Lydia did not give up as easy, she took a step closer towards Regulus and since she was quite tall, they were at eye level.

"We know you did something, asshole. Only you can make Rosalind act crazy, she can't do anything with a straight mind!" Lydia said loudly. Regulus smirked as he watched Lydia also get frustrated with him.

She was so close to slap him across his face, but she wouldn't get anything out of it. So she chose not to do it. "Are we done here?" Regulus asked, unable to wipe that smirk off his face.

•*•

The day had gone by quickly for Rosalind, she had slept through the most of the classes, due to the lack of sleep she got last night. She couldn't enjoy the creatures in the care of magical creatures class or even transfiguration. Sophia and Lydia had no idea what to do, should they wake her up or let her sleep.