Chapter 19: Bathroom Endeavours

4th January 1977
Rosalind had been waken up by their house elf Gibby early, the reason for that was that they were going back to Hogwarts today. Rosalind wasn't really excited. Even though she wouldn't have to meet stupid adult people she didn't like, she would have to meet other stupid children people that she didn't like. Plus homework, which was another factor as to why she didn't want to go back.

The house elf was done packing the rest of her things and was currently laying out clothes for Rosalind.

When the house elf left, Rosalind went to take a shower. She grabbed the clothes that the house elf had prepared nicely and went to the bathroom. It was still dark outside when she passed a window. It made her wonder how early it was.

She dumped the clothes on the bathroom floor to go and find a clock. Her house was full of clocks so after about thirty seconds she was looking horrified at one. "Six in the morning?" she asked loudly. "Ugh." she groaned and slid down the wall.

Frederick exited his room that happened to be right next to where she was sitting. "Why are you awake?" he asked with a frown.

"Stupid Gibby woke me up." Rosalind muttered. Frederick looked at her, Gibby wouldn't have done it intentionally.

"I'm working on quidditch stragedies, want to join me?" he asked as he opened up his door, inviting her to his room.

She followed, not because it seemed fun, but because she didn't have anything better to do. While Frederick worked on quidditch strategies, Rosalind stared across the room at the wall. Since she had nothing better to do, she decided to think. Which if she had been smart, she would have known that it wasn't a good idea.

First she thought about going back to Hogwarts, going on the train and catching up with Sophia since they never really had time for it during the break. Then she might go find Oliver. She would probably have to go to a stupid prefects meeting where she would have to see Regulus Black.

It made her wonder what he was doing, the Christmas ball seemed pretty intense. Since it was early he was probably sleeping. Little did she know that he was actually wide awake, laying on his bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking a thousand thoughts a minute. Just like Rosalind. And his mind kept going to unwanted places, just like Rosalind's.

His bed was comfortable and he was tired, very tired. But somehow he could not sleep. Two people he despised with his whole body was taunting him in his thoughts. Sirius calling James his brother and having fun with his new family while looking back at Regulus with disgust and Rosalind shouting at him how nobody loves him, especially not his brother, he left him for better people.

Why did life have to be so hard?

The sun had started to go up so both Regulus and Rosalind went to eat breakfast and continue with their morning.

Rosalind packed her very last things, brushed her hair and teeth and did the final touches on her appearance. They were just about to leave for King Cross station.

The Blacks were always early to King Cross station when the kids were going to Hogwarts. So while they stood on the platform, merely discussing things, the Bulstrodes arrived.

They talked a little bit before Rosalind and Regulus were allowed to board the train. The parents watched them through the windows as they took a seat in the same compartment.

"We don't have to talk." Regulus said and took up a book.

"Didn't plan to." Rosalind sighed and looked at him. Regulus was engrossed in his book. It wasn't so that Rosalind enjoyed being in his company, but if she was forced to she wanted to be able to argue with him at least.

Unfortunately, she was empty of words. Nothing to say, nothing to comment on. She had no idea what to say. Usually this stuff would pop up in her mind all the time. But now it was blank.

She saw Oliver walking by their compartment. The train would leave in a few minutes, if she stayed here until then she could go and find Oliver after that.

It was four painful minutes but as soon her parents wouldn't be able to see her she stood up and left. Regulus didn't even bother to say anything because she was gone before he could react.

Lucky for Rosalind, Oliver just exited a bathroom. He saw Rosalind coming his way, and he smirked before opening the door for her. She rolled her eyes but slinked into the bathroom effectively.

Oliver closed the door after her, it was a very small room but Rosalind jumped up on the sink so Oliver had plenty of space. Oliver went for a kiss almost immediately, his hand on her waist. Rosalind put her hands around his neck.

She pulled away to look at him, "Just so you know, if you dare to snog somebody else, I will end you." she said and glared at him.

"Let's hope that won't happen then." Oliver responded cheekily before kissing her hard again.

•*•

Rosalind dusted of her clothes and checked herself in the mirror to see if her makeup was okay, it was not but she couldn't rescue it. Oliver left a few minutes ago, they decided not to leave together, otherwise it would look suspicious.

She exited the bathroom and stopped when she realised she didn't know where to go.
Her things were with Regulus but she did not want to go there. Sophia was somewhere on the train, she would just have to figure out where.

She saw Sirius Black walking towards her with the biggest smirk on his face. Rosalind frowned as he approached her. "What have you and my brother been up to?" he asked and wolf whistled.

"What?" she asked confused. There was something very wrong with this man. "I'm talking about your robes." he responded, grinning.

Rosalind looked down, only to see them very wrinkly, nothing too bad but she was standing next to the Gryffinwhore. It seemed like he was the expert of hooking up. She bumped into his shoulder and went back to her and Regulus compartment, she had nowhere else to go. But when she arrived, over ten blokes were in the compartment and her stuff had been swallowed by them.

She groaned and continued, she found Sophia sitting with Lydia and Molly. Rosalind sat down with them. "Looks like you've had fun." Molly smirked as she knowingly looked at Rosalind.

Rosalind tried to glare at her but she felt herself smiling. "What are you guys talking about?" she asked them, mostly to change the subject.

"The Christmas ball." Lydia answered with grin.

Great, another conversation about that ball.

If she knew them well, it was probably a conversation about the Black brothers situation and they would drag her into that for sure. "What about it?" she asked nonchalantly.

"You and Black held hands." Molly stated, smirking at Rosalind. "You told them?" She angrily asked Sophia. Sophia shook her head, "They saw it on their own."

"Why don't you go out with Regulus?" Molly asked. Rosalind looked at her unbelievably. Molly was pretty, but she was a little too brutal sometimes and would go very far to get want she wanted. She had freckles and light green eyes. Her hair was dirty blonde and straight.

"Right, you hate him." she said. Apparently she found this very funny. But Rosalind was very close to lash out on her.

"Why don't we talk about something else, Molly? You got the mark right?" Sophia asked and turned to the other blonde.

"Yeah, you all should get it. I love it." she said and patted her left arm. The other three just nodded along.

"But back to you and Black." she said and turned to Rosalind. Rosalind groaned loudly.

"I sense some strong sexual tension when you're in the same room." she smirked. Rosalind couldn't help but think that everyone thought that, at least they said it.