Chapter 72: Mystery Girl

15th March 1978
Rosalind was walking up the many stairs to the astronomy tower with approximately six other students. She had her books tightly pressed against her chest. Sophia and Lydia were walking in front of her. Behind Rosalind walked a group of girls that were talking and laughing loudly.

Rosalind wondered where they got their energy, if they would be kind and tell her she would gladly visit it. But it was midnight and Rosalind had been up since 6:am this morning. She guessed these girls were simply overtired.

Professor Bewlin waited as the students formed a half circle in front of her. "I'm glad you're all here this fine evening! I know it's late but there's no better time for astronomy than at night." she said with a smile. Rosalind knew she had gotten her fair share of sleep this night.

"Today you're going to study the planet Saturn's movement. You'll do so in pairs which I choose." the professor continued. She knew a long introduction would only put the students to sleep.

Every time a teacher said that an assignment was to do in pairs, they immediately had every students attention. Med Bewlin had already made a list and started to read names from it.

"Mr Rosier and Mr Black." she said as the two boys high fived each other while grinning. Rosalind rolled her eyes. Two less obnoxious people she could potentially be partnered with.

Sophia got soon partnered with someone and so did Lydia. Rosalind saw as more and more people took a telescope together.

There were about half way through the list when Rosalind heard her name. She looked around, Barty was still left. But he was about the only Slytherin and the only one she had ever talked to. She didn't even recognised all of the students left. "Miss Bulstrode and Mr Crouch." Professor Bewlin said and Rosalind celebrated silently.

She and Barty took a telescope. "How's it going, Bulstrode?" Barty asked as Rosalind started to look through the telescope, trying to find Saturn to begin with.

"It's going excellent." she answered as she turned to look at Barty. "How's it with Regulus? What's the latest gossip with you two?" he asked as he put his head in his hand with a big smile.

"There's nothing new." Rosalind muttered and looked away from him. "Oh really?" Barty asked which made Rosalind turn to look at him again.

"How about you? Any special girls recently?" Rosalind asked as she raised her right eyebrow. Barty got quiet and looked down. Rosalind's face lit up, "So there is somebody." she said as she beamed at him. 

"There might be somebody." he muttered, still not holding eye contact with Rosalind. Barty looked around at the other students as they actively watched Saturn's movements. He saw Evan looking through the telescope. His blonde hair was so beautiful and Barty just wanted to run his hands through it. He wanted to hug Evan again.

"Tell me about her." Rosalind continued with a big smile.

"Umm... she's pretty amazing." Barty said. "Tell me more." Rosalind continued.

"Nobody knows about us yet, not even Regulus knows that I'm seeing somebody... Or Evan." Barty started. "It's complicated because people don't except us to be in love, but it's the best relationship I've ever had. Not that I've had many, but I know that this is great. I genuinely think that this is my person." Barty continued.

Rosalind listened in admiration. She would die for somebody to talk about her in that way. Barty talked about this mystery girl with pure love.

They continued to talk about other deep topics for a while as they continued with their work. It was kind of nice, deep conversations under the moonlight, it sure was something. "Any passions?" Rosalind asked when it was her turn to look in the telescope again.