Chapter 38: Wild personalities

An update? This is unusual. Every now and then I remember this story and get this motivation to continue it. I have lots of plans I just need to get to writing it. I have not read through this chapter very well so I'm sorry if there are any mistakes. <3

6th July 1977
The past days had passed by slowly. There was not a lot of interaction between the four people living at Grimmauld place 12. On occasion Rosalind and Regulus argued, but Rosalind tried to keep it down and not be around him so much. She did not want to get thrown out of the household.

Even though they were not arguing, they did annoy each other constantly.

When Rosalind woke up today, she almost skipped around the room. She was in a good mood. She saw the dress hanging on her door, which reminded her about the ball tonight. Still in a kinda good mood, the ball was at the Flint mansion. A family that was a part of the sacred 28.

The dress she was going to wear this time was purple. She didn't bother to see its details now. When she exited her room to get some breakfast, she was reminded of Regulus instantly. His bedroom door was right in front of her.

She decided to knock and see what he was up to. Regulus hummed in response and Rosalind walked in. He was scribbling something on a piece of paper. "Figuring out how to get a nice handwriting?" Rosalind asked and walked towards Regulus. He was sat crouched over at his desk.

He looked up for a brief second, Rosalind's hair was in two braids and she didn't wear any make up. She wore a jumper and some short shorts. For some reason Regulus felt butterflies in his stomach.

He tried to stop the butteflies, but how do you stop butterflies? Something new to figure out.

•*•

Rosalind was in her room trying on the dress she was supposed to wear tonight. It fitted quite well but it was a little tight. She had done her makeup and her hair. Kreacher came into her room and told them that the Blacks were waiting for her downstairs.

She quickly hurried down the stairs and saw the three of them waiting. Regulus saw as she took quick steps. The dress she was wearing was beautiful, heck Rosalind was beautiful in it.

Regulus couldn't stop his thoughts before they were flooding his mind.

"Hey." he said to Rosalind.

"Hello, stupid." she responded and grabbed Walburga's arm. In a few seconds they had all left Grimmauld place 12.

While at the ball, Orion said that Rosalind and Regulus should go out on the dance floor and dance together. They hummed in agreement and a few seconds later they were swinging to the music. The dancing was very forced and they did not enjoy it. Mostly Regulus was dancing, Rosalind hadn't really understood the fine details of dancing yet.

Rosalind but her hands on Regulus' shoulders as he put his on her hips. She took a deep breath and looked him in the eye. He had a curl that seemed to be annoying. It was in front of his left eye. Rosalind didn't think any of it and brushed the curl away.

Regulus felt himself heat up and he looked away, out on the dance floor. Rosalind looked down on her feet. She didn't know where else to look and needed to make sure she didn't dance too bad.

Then she felt his eyes staring back at her, almost like he was staring into her soul. So of course she looked up at him. At first she was taken aback by her how deeply he seemed to study her. Then she couldn't help but admire his eyes a little bit. They were a nice tone of icy blue. Not ocean blue. Icy blue, a bit cold you could say.