Chapter 35: Winner

Is this a new chapter?!!

May 18th 1977
Regulus had continued to think about what Sirius had told him a few weeks ago. But he had tried to study instead. The O.W.Ls started tomorrow and Regulus had the potions O.W.L after lunch. He was revising and preparing in the library with his friends.

He could not believe that the school year was almost over, except for the very stressful exams, nothing more would happen. Regulus was never really the kid, waiting for the breaks to roll around and travel home to see his family. He preferred staying at school and wanted to, but his parents never let him. There was more important things to do back in London.

He was not looking forward to this summer at all, less than all the years before combined. He was expecting it to be literal rubbish. Rosalind would move in with them and he would not get his usual break from her. He always said 'Break from school equals break from Rosalind.'

Well, not anymore.

"So you succeeded with your joke." Evan said to Regulus. "Be happy." he continued. Regulus rolled his eyes, "Yes, she has barely been able to study, it truly is a wonder."

"I can't believe she actually thought I fancied her. How stupid could she be?" Regulus laughed. "She is ugly and a know-it-all, nobody likes those." Evan and Barty decided to shut up and not tell Regulus that he's one too.

Rosalind had gone into the library to gather some books to try and study for the potions O.W.L tomorrow. However, she had heard the end of their conversation, for some reason it hit her harder than it usually did. She had heard Regulus tell her that's she ugly and annoying, and she knew he talked about her to his friends the same way. But this conversation was different, he was utterly disgusted.

But the main thing she picked up from their conversation was that he never liked her, she was relieved to say in the least, otherwise it would've also been weird if you thought about the things he just said.

However she needed to get back to her dormitory and study. Since she clearly could not study here at the moment. She was sure to not let Regulus be the better in school. She was gonna prove to him that she is a know-it-all and certainly not ugly.

When she got to her dorm, she knew it was no use to try and learn everything she had learned for the past five years, instead she tried to revise the things she knew would be coming in the next exam.

Sleep was important, but since the exam was after lunch and the students didn't have any other classes on exam days, she would sleep til lunch, eat lunch as breakfast and then go do her exam.

•*•

Regulus and his friends were walking down to the great hall to do their O.W.Ls. Regulus was a bit nervous, but not compared to Barty, he was good in potions, but still anxious as hell. Evan was jumping down the corridor, feeling pretty comfortable about his education and that he would certainly nail the exam.

The fifth years were all standing and talking outside the great hall. Some revising last minute, others trying to make small talk and not think about the big potions O.W.L they would take in just a couple of minutes. Some people were eating and trying to fresh up their memory of things they may have forgotten.

Rosalind stood in a corner with Sophia, desperately revising and studying, she would enter the hall last, giving her a little more time to study. She had brought a lot of flash cards to help her with her studying. Sophia tested her, it was hard to hear what she said over the crowd of students, but she did her best.