Chapter 73: Hog's Head Brew

19th April 1978
Today was not a normal day, it was Rosalind's birthday and on top of it all, she was officially out of age. Rosalind had been looking forward to this day since she was a little girl and found out she could perform magic. Now she could legally perform magic outside of school. She could also drink fire whiskey legally now. That wasn't something little Rosalind dreamed of, she barely knew what it was. However fire whiskey was still banned at Hogwarts.

It was a bit weird, she didn't feel any differently now that she's seventeen. Sophia had turned about six months ago, maybe she was a bit more mature? Evan and Barty had turned seventeen as well. Regulus and Lydia had their birthdays during the summer so they were still little children to Rosalind.

Rosalind woke up to a small pile of presents next to her trunk. Lydia was still sleeping but Sophia was awake and happy. She was feeding Bessie. The owl hooted in its cage and Rosalind glared at it. That owl would ruin her birthday if it didn't shut up soon. Their dorm had started to smell like owl poo and not perfume and flowers like it did before Bessie moved in.

Sophia noticed that Rosalind had woken up. "Happy birthday!" she exclaimed as she ran to Rosalind and gave her a tight hug. It lasted for a few seconds before Sophia pulled away. Rosalind was smiling at Sophia. "Thank you."

"Now we can drink Hog's Head brew together at the Hog's Head Inn!" Sophia continued with a big smile. The Hog's Head brew was a one of a kind wizard beer. The beer was only served in glasses that could be ordered and drunk at the pub. So younger students had no way of getting to it.

Rosalind had yet to experience what it tasted like, Sophia had already tasted it during one of her visits when Rosalind was temporarily banned from the village. She said that it wasn't that amazing but it was something you had to try.

Lydia woke up by their talking. She was rubbing her eyes as her vision slowly became clear and she could see Rosalind and Sophia sitting on Rosalind's bed. "Happy birthday, Rosalind!" she said with a big smile as she jumped off of her bed.

She took quick steps towards Rosalind's bed. Rosalind stood up and gave Lydia a tight hug. This was her next to last birthday she would ever spend at Hogwarts. That rest would be spent with... Regulus. Ugh, she shouldn't think about that right now. That was future Rosalind's problem.

She hadn't really thought about it all thoroughly. She knew she was gonna marry Regulus, she knew they would have to live together and have a family. What she hadn't thought about was that they would spend the rest of their life milestones together, their birthdays, all those fancy balls, becoming parents together. The list was endless. Everything Rosalind was about to experience after she graduates will be with Regulus.

She knew that they would get married not long after graduation, perhaps two months later. She had heard Orion and Walburga talking about it. Since her parents couldn't have a say in it anymore it was totally up to the Blacks. Maybe Frederick could help Rosalind.

Yes! He must be able to do something. At least postpone it. Rosalind knew Walburga wanted them to get married so the Black bloodline could be continued. Not like Regulus wouldn't be able to find a wife that lived up to Walburga's demands on his own. He had gotten a lot more popular with the chicks recently.

With his brother coming out as gay, his reputation as the Slytherin prince was even stronger and girls practically swooned when they saw him.

Not that Walburga's demands were many, you had to be pure blooded, that was about it. Perhaps have some manners and be able to carry her grandchildren. Grandchildren. Rosalind shivered.

"Rosa?"

Rosalind snapped out of her thoughts. "Sorry." she muttered. "Let's open your presents!" Lydia squealed as she clapped her hands. Rosalind smiled as she got shoved with presents in her lap.