Chapter 45: Dumbledore (Dumby)

Rosalind was on her way to feed Newt his dinner. He was still a very small crup, about two weeks old. She went into the shed where the food was. She filled one bowl with flobberworms and other insects and one with water.

She went to Newt and his little house. "Here you go, Newt." She put down the bowls and watched as he immediately ate his food. She petted him a little, she loved crups.

She heard some steps behind her. Rosalind turned around and saw Evan walking towards the enclosure. "Why are you here?" she asked.

"To feed Dumbledore." he answered with a grin. "Dumbledore?" she asked with a frown.

"Yeah, mine and my partners crup is named Dumbledore, or Dumby as we call him." Evan replied and put down two bowls in front of a crup. "Hello, Dumby." he said with a big smile while petting the crup Dumbledore.

"Clever." Rosalind said and laughed. "Who is your partner?"

"I actually do not know the name." Evan said and scratched his neck. "I think she is in Ravenclaw, or maybe Hufflepuff. Definitely not Slytherin or Gryffindor. I think." he said and let out an awkward laugh.

"It's hard to know everyone's name, I don't blame you." Rosalind said.

"Bulstrode?" Evan asked.

"Mhm." Rosalind said and looked up. "I'm going back, you coming with?" she asked and stood up.

"Just wait a minute, Dumbledore hasn't finished eating." Rosalind watched as Dumbledore devoured the last bit of his flobberworms. When he was done he licked Evan's face.

Rosalind and Evan started to walk back to the castle. "How long have you known Audrey and Hazel?" Rosalind asked nonchalantly.

Evan knew exactly where she was getting at. "Jealous about Regulus and Audrey snogging?" he grinned. Rosalind rolled her eyes and looked away.

"Since third year I believe. Barty had Divination with them and he introduced them to us. They are fun." Evan continued. "They were both obsessed with Regulus in the beginning. Audrey claimed that he was the Slytherin prince."

•*•

"Hello Black." greeted Oliver when he saw Regulus. "I see you're here to try out."

"I only hope you will make a fair judgement on who here deserves a spot on the team and not let any personal disputes take over." Regulus said.

"Why would I do that? I've seen you play and you are already on the team." Oliver whispered. Regulus frowned. Something is wrong with Oliver. He was nice.

Later that evening Regulus and Rosalind were going to patrol the corridors. They were walking through the corridors as usual. Not saying anything to each other. Letting the awkward silence be left untouched. "So, quidditch tryouts?" Rosalind asked.

"No small talk, please. I thought you knew better than that." said Regulus.

"It's not small talk! I wanted to know if you got on the team. In that case we can make a schedule for feeding Newt." Rosalind defended herself.

"You're not so daft you think I know if I made the team an hour after the tryouts do you?" Regulus asked and looked at Rosalind.

"Of course-" Rosalind started but was cut off by a noise. It sounded like something metallic fell on the floor. Rosalind and Regulus hurried that way to catch the rule breakers that are out after curfew.