Chapter 37: Bloody Sheets

29th June 1977
Rosalind had fallen asleep very late last night, so when Kreacher woke her up in the morning she had only gotten a couple hours of sleep. She had been thinking all night about how terrible her life is and how badly she wanted to change it.

When she goes down to eat breakfast in a few minutes, she will not see her parents and brother sitting at the table, instead it will be the Blacks. She wondered how they felt about her living with them, she knew Regulus despised it. Although Rosalind hadn't thought about what Walburga and Orion might think about it.

She got dressed and went down to eat breakfast. Only Regulus sat at the table, which somehow made it even more awkward. She didn't know what to do or say to him anymore. Should she insult him? Somehow that didn't seem like the greatest idea whilst she lived with him and his family.

"Good morning, snallygaster." he greeted her with a smirk as he looked up from his bowl of cereal.

"Why are you talking to yourself?" questioned Rosalind with a sweet smile. She started to butter her toast. Regulus seemed to be done with his breakfast because Kreacher took his bowl and spoon.

He stood up without a word and disappeared out of the room. Rosalind breathed out, glad he was gone. She was enjoying her breakfast until he entered the room again, but this time, with two letters in his hand.

"Guess what." he stated and sat down opposite her. Without waiting for Rosalind to guess, he continued, "We just got our O.W.Ls results."

Regulus handed Rosalind a letter that had very clearly been opened. "You opened my letter?" asked Rosalind with disbelief.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I." he scoffed.

"Because it's mine!" she exclaimed.

"So? We live together."

Rosalind rolled her eyes and took out the letter. She looked at her results and was pretty satisfied.

O.W.Ls Results

The passed grades are Outstanding(O), Exceed expectations(E) and Acceptable(A). The failed grades are Poor(P), Dreadful(D) and Troll(T)

Following are your results from the O.W.Ls.

Care of magical creatures O

Potions A

Transfiguration O

Charms E

Astronomy E

"Let me see yours." she demanded and held out her hand for him to place his letter in. He handed her his letter before calling for Kreacher.

Rosalind's mouth just froze when she saw that he had gotten outstanding on every O.W.L. She was extremely jealous but tried to calm down. "How can I be to your service, master Regulus." asked Kreacher in a raspy voice.

"Make sure Miss Bulstrode here will have an enjoyable stay at Grimmauld place. Also, show Miss Bulstrode her dress for tonight. I'm gonna go to the study. Inform me an hour before we need to leave." Regulus said before walking away from them.

•*•

At five in the evening, Kreacher walked into the study and told Regulus that they were supposed to leave in about an hour and a half. Regulus nodded and put away his things, so everything was organised. He walked up towards his room, however as he was about to enter his room, he saw Rosalind's door was not fully closed, light came out of her room and so did the vague sound of music.