Chapter 41: Back Again

A random update???? Whaaaat

September 1st 1977
Rosalind was at King cross station yet again. On platform 9 3/4. But for the first time without her brother and parents. She missed them. She hadn't seen her brother since they parted here about two months ago. She stood next to Regulus and his parents. Walburga and Orion were talking to the Rosiers and Rosalind was bored.

Evan and Regulus kept making weird faces at each other. She rolled her eyes and looked away. She looked out over the platform. She saw Sirius Black and James Potter standing next to what she believed was Potter's parents. She was Lydia and William Mulciber with their family. They both had big trunks full of stuff for when they arrive at the school. Amongst the crowd on the platform, she saw somebody that wasn't going to Hogwarts. Her brother. Frederick had made it to the platform to say goodbye to his sister. He still seemed to be looking after her.

But when he saw her, he saw the biggest smile on Rosalind's face. He had never seen her smile so much. Without thinking she ran across the platform to her brother. She didn't care that it wasn't elegant or that she might not be perceived as a young lady.

Regulus noticed how Rosalind out of nowhere darted away from them and across the platform. Both he and Evan looked at where she was running. When they saw her reach her brother, Regulus smiled. The moment was cute and how happy Rosalind was made him happy. Evan noticed this of course.

"You are down so bad." he said with a grin.

"What?" Regulus asked and turned to Evan. "I'm not down, especially not down bad."

When he looked back to Rosalind, his eyes caught another pair of eyes. A pair of piercing grey eyes. Sirius. He was looking at him for a long time without moving. Sirius stood next to the Potter family of course. The family that made him leave. Without them he would've stayed. But their hospitality and pretending to be a family made him want to leave.

This was the last year for Sirius. Which meant that in 10 months when they are going back for the summer, will probably be the last time Regulus ever see Sirius again. Sirius seemed to be thinking the same because his eyes were very blank and red.

•*•

Rosalind had found Sophia on the platform and they had boarded the train together. They took a table and sat down. Regulus and his friends took of course the table next to them.

"I saw your brother on the platform." Sophia said. "Yeah, I didn't expect to see him here. It was a nice surprise." Rosalind answered with a smile.

"Bulstrode, Greengrass. Come here." Evan said and gestured to their table.

"We're good." Rosalind answered with a fake smile. Her eyes caught Regulus' and everything that happened this summer came back to her in a second. That time when she found him bloody and unable to move in his bed. The kiss, that time out on the street and the moment in the bathroom. She didn't know if she should tell Sophia. Probably not. She would only make assumptions and claim that they are in love.

After what seemed to be fifteen minutes, Regulus and Rosalind had to go to the prefect compartment. They walked through the carriages without talking. When they got to the compartment they were shocked to their core to see who the head boy was. "Potter?" Rosalind exclaimed when she saw the head boy badge on his robes.

"You're right. I am head boy." he said with a big smile. "You're kidding." Regulus continued. "I understand Evans, but you."