Chapter 46: You Blushed

September 10th 1977
It was Saturday morning and Rosalind went down to give Newt his breakfast. It was a nice walk, it wasn't too long and the air was fresh. As she got down to the enclosure, she saw Regulus feeding Newt.

"What are you doing here, Black?" she asked as she walked closer to the fence. Regulus looked up at Rosalind. "You never said who should take Saturdays so I thought I should come down here and feed him."

"Merlin, you have to listen more. I said that I take Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays!" Rosalind exclaimed.

"No, no, no." Regulus said as he stood up. "You said that you take only Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays. You left out Saturdays!" he explained stubbornly. Rosalind stood gawking at him, when did he become a great listener.

"Well, feeding Newt is done so I'm going back." Regulus said and walked past Rosalind. "If what you're saying is true, I never told you to take Saturdays!" Rosalind exclaimed. "I even took last Saturday so of course I take this Saturday!"

"You're not going to do more work than me." Regulus answered. But I take Saturdays!" Rosalind said, losing her temper. "Not you!"

"Let your hair down, Bulstrode. It is not that big of a deal." Regulus said and laughed. "You do not laugh at me, you daft twit!" Rosalind yelled.

"Why do you get mad so easily?" he questioned and looked at her. "Is it that time of the month?" Rosalind glared at him as they walked through the school corridors.

"Not cool, Black." Rosalind said and walked away from him. She walked past a cupboard with the door almost closed. She saw paint cans in there and got a brilliant idea. With a flick of her wand, a can with red paint was levitating and seconds later it was in her hands. Regulus had caught up with her so she turned around and emptied the entire can on him.

"Who has their time of the month again?" Rosalind asked "It seems like you are covered in something red." she said and smirked before she started to walk away. Then she felt something cold and sticky hit her back. She turned around and saw blue paint on the floor. "THAT'S NOT FUNNY!"

"A little." laughed Regulus.

A cat came around the corner and before they could react Professor McGonagall stood before them. "You two are prefects! You know better than to play with paint in the school corridors!" she said sternly. "You are damaging the castle. 50 points from Slytherin and I will see you for detention on Wednesday."

"Sorry, Professor." apologised Rosalind.

"She started it!" Regulus exclaimed and pointed to Rosalind. "Snitch!" Rosalind exclaimed while looking offended.

•*•

18th September 1977
"Hello, Audrey." Regulus said and sat down next to her. He put his arm around her and looked at the homework she was doing. A lot happened in a week. After Rosalind and him and got caught when they threw paint on each other, Regulus had gone back to Audrey's dorm and they had snogged. A lot. Hazel slept in Rosalind and Sophia's dorm that night so she wasn't stopping anything. That bad was it. Rosalind was so mad that night. But she didn't know why she was mad. It's not like she liked Regulus and she wasn't jealous of Audrey.

Now they were everywhere together. They weren't exclusive or anything but everyone saw that Audrey was obsessed with Regulus.

Rosalind sat in a sofa and stared at Regulus and Audrey. Something inside just made her angry and mad whenever she saw them together. Sophia sat next to Rosalind and felt bad for her.

Evan sat down in front of them. "Since it was so fun last time we drank fire whiskey." he said while smirking at Rosalind. "Please, I was just a little bit tipsy."

"Sure, but we've finally gotten some more, so you want to come?" he asked and looked at them. "I don't know." Rosalind said while looking at the two lovebirds.

"It's just gonna be Regulus, Barty, Lydia and I there." Evan said. "Well sure then." Rosalind agreed. It was something about Regulus and Audrey together that made her go yuck. Separately she still disliked Regulus however Audrey could be nice.

"Audrey had some sort of book club and Hazel is with Jackson." Evan continued. Rosalind shrugged and looked away as Regulus and Audrey started to snog, again.

•*•

Rosalind was stumbling around on the floor, she had maybe had too much to drink. "Heeey, Evam." Rosalind said while jumping. "Woah!!" she shouted.

Everyone watched as Rosalind stumbled around on the floor. "Hellu, Reglus Black. Where is your girlfriend?" she said. "Oops, hahah." she said as she almost slipped on the floor.

"Rosalind, give me your cup." Sophia said, reaching out with her hand. "Nooo, it's my baby." she said as she hugged it and spilled fire whiskey on her shirt.

"You are adorable-" she said and pointed towards Regulus. She was walking towards him but accidentally stumbled on herself and fell towards him. Regulus caught her with his arms. "That's enough for you." Rosalind looked up at Regulus with a smile and hugged him. Then she giggled, "You're blushing." she said.

"What, no." he said letting go of Rosalind so quickly that she fell to the floor. "You're blushing, Reggie!" Barty yelled.

"Shut it!" Regulus yelled back. He took a shot.

Barty and Evan started to wolf whistle as Rosalind stood up again and looked at Regulus. "You blushed." she said before laughing an annoying laugh.

"Hey, I did not blush!" he exclaimed.

"Then why are you getting red?" asked Sophia.

"Because I'm angry!"

Rosalind took a grip on Regulus arm and dragged him out of the dormitory. Everyone wolf whistled as they left. "You blushed." she continued.

"Are you a fuckin parrot?"Regulus yelled, irritated.

"You blushed." she repeated.

"STOP THAT!" he shouted.

"YOU DO NOT SHOOT AT ME!" Rosalind yelled back. She looked up in Regulus eyes, then down to his lips. Her gaze lingered long enough for Regulus to notice. He lifted up her chin with his hand. "It's shout not shoot."

"Sooo?" she said and giggled again. Regulus leaned in a bit, looking Rosalind in the eye. She nodded eagerly but before their lips could connect, a door opened making Regulus move away from her. A third year came out in the corridor and looked weirdly at them. "Snog, I don't care." he said while walking past them.

"What are we doing, Rosalind?" he asked looking down at her. She shrugged and giggled. "Snogging, tosser."

"You're too drunk for this." Regulus sighed. "And what am I doing, why do we keep doing this?" he asked Rosalind. "Audrey." she said.

"Huh." Regulus asked. Rosalind nodded and there was Audrey and Hazel looking at them. "How drunk is she?" Audrey asked and walked up to them. "Incredibly." they probably didn't see anything.

"Regulus-" she said and pointed at him. But Audrey helped her down to her dormitory so she could get some sleep instead before Rosalind could say anything more.

Regulus went back to his dorm where everyone was. They stayed there until early in the morning. Even though Regulus had a lot to drink, he still kept thinking about Rosalind and what happened in the corridor. They almost kissed. What is he going to do?

And Audrey what is he going to do with her?