Chapter 65: Bloody Nose

2nd February 1978
A fierce quidditch game between Slytherin and Hufflepuff had taken place during the Saturday afternoon. Slytherin had won it and was throwing a victory party in their common room.

Rosalind and her friends were jumping to the music in the middle of the room. Rosalind had a glass of fire whiskey in her hand that she drank out of every now and then.

Regulus was with Barty and Evan. They were taking shots near a table. Regulus took a shot with Evan and he looked out over the common room. Rosalind was dancing with her friends. Her hair was swaying back and fourth as she shook her head. She was singing the lyrics loudly, however he couldn't hear her voice over all of the other sounds in the common room. She had a glass of fire whiskey in her hand that was spilling on the floor as she jumped.

He rolled his eyes and looked back to his friends. They were mixing different alcohols together. "Do you want to get poisoned?" Regulus asked and chuckled. "Somebody ought to be able to help us then." Evan said as he poured something into a cup.

Regulus shrugged, valid response. He didn't know who chose the music, but there was no ABBA or David Bowie at this party. He thought it was kind of boring that they only chose wizard bands. Rosalind didn't seem to think of it much, she enjoyed the repeat of the HobGoblins' songs.

"I'm gonna go to the loo." Sophia shouted to Rosalind over the music. Rosalind nodded as she continued to dance with Lydia. A lad tapped Lydia on her shoulder and she left Rosalind to go with him somewhere.

Oliver Travers sat in a love seat on the other end of the room. He had been staring at Rosalind the entire night. Regulus had seen it and frankly, was quite irritated that he kept looking at her. Didn't he have anything better to do? They were broken up since long.

He watched with anger as he saw Oliver approaching Rosalind. Oliver started to talk to her, had he been waiting for her friends to leave? Rosalind looked away from him and down at her feet. She looked around the common room, probably looking for her friends as Oliver kept talking. She gave him short replies and continued to look around the room. Merlin, she was uncomfortable.

Regulus decided to take matters into his own hands so he got up and took quick steps towards them. "Hey, stop bothering her!" he said as he stood between them. "Bugger off." Oliver said. "You have no business being here." he continued as he pushed Regulus away.

"Yeah, I have. You're making Bulstrode uncomfortable." Regulus argued as he took a step closer to Travers. "I'm not, go back to your mummy." Oliver said.

"You don't see it? Stop bothering her and go back to your lonely dorm." Regulus said. "You're not gonna tell me what to do, Black. Not anymore." Oliver said and pushed Regulus down so he fell down on the floor. Rosalind stood shocked next to them. "Where were we?" Oliver said to her and reached out with his hand for her to take.

Regulus stood up, with a bloody nose and hit Travers right in the face. By now everyone was watching them. "FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!" people chanted around the common room.

Regulus and Oliver were glaring at each other when Sophia came running up from their dormitory. "What is happening?" she asked Rosalind as she looked at the two lads. "I have no idea." Rosalind said slowly.

Oliver was suddenly throwing a punch at Regulus. "That's how you want to do this?" Regulus asked as he wiped away the blood from his nose. "Should I do something? I'm a prefect?" Rosalind asked Sophia anxiously.

Sophia didn't have time to answer before Regulus had hit him again. It didn't take long before it had turned into a bloody fight. Evan and Barty came into the crowd. "STOP THAT!" Evan shouted but they didn't listen. "I hate to be the only mature one." he muttered as he pushed Oliver away from Regulus.