Chapter 3

My parents had come home slightly early from their business trip because they were worried about me. They weren't able to come home too early though. They had only been back for about a week and today was the day I went back to school. I hadn't seen the Weasleys all week because my parents were being very clingy and wanted to spend as much time with me as the could. They had been scared to death that something had happened to me after the found out about what happened at the cup. Mrs.Weasley sent them a letter immediately letting them know I was okay.

"Are you about ready to go?" asked my mum standing in my doorway.

"Yeah, I was just packing up the last of my things," I said closing my trunk.

My mum pulled out her wand pointing is at my trunk to take it down the stairs. I can't wait until I'm 17 so that I can use magic outside of school. Sadly, that was until April 14th. My mum and I walked down the stairs being greeted by my dad.

"We better get going," said my dad, "We're going to be late. We're supposed to meet the Weasleys at 10:40."

"Well we'd hate to be late, wouldn't we mum," I said rolling my eyes.

My dad was always a very time punctual person and my mother and I were not.

We made it to the platform just in time meeting up with the Wesley's. As soon as George saw me he engulfed me in a giant hug like he hadn't seen my in a year.

"George you're suffocating me," I said trying to pull away from the ginger boy, "I literally just saw you last week."

"Exactly! It's been a week," he said over exaggerating, "I really missed you!"

George had always been the more emotional one out of the twins. I walked over toward Fred who was still laughing about the whole situation he'd just witnessed.

"Oh shut it Fred," I said shoving him causing him to almost fall over.

"You lot best be getting on the train," said Molly waving everyone over to say goodbye.

I walked over saying goodbye to my mum and dad as well as saying goodbye to Molly.

We were all now on the train looking for a compartment to sit in. As I was walking down the aisle George said something that made me look back at him, In turn making me run into someone. As I ran into them I dropped my wand on the floor.

"Oh sorry," I said quickly turning around to see who I had bumped into.

I turned around so see Cedric Diggory standing in front of me.

"Oh hey Mallorie, I think you dropped something," he said picking you my wand and handing it to me.

Cedric handed me my wand and his hand gently brushed against mine causing me to blush. We were making eye contact when one of the twins cleared their throat pulling me out of my trance.

"Oh hey," Cedric said the the twins, "I didn't see you guys there."

"No cause you were too busy eye fucking Mal," whispered Fred in a grumpy tone.

This statement cause me to turn around and give him a look.

"Right well I'll see you around," Cedric said giving me a nodding passing us in the aisle.

I continued to walk down a few compartments until I saw Lee Jordan in one. I opened the door walking in giving him a big smile. I had missed Lee over the summer. I sat down across from Lee while George sat next to him and Fred sat next to me.

"How was your guys summer?" Lee asked with a smile on his face.

"It was good. Up until the attack at the cup," I said.

"I read about that in the paper. I'm glad you guys got out okay," said Lee.

"Yeah we went with Mal's new man," George said causing me to give him a look.

"Who?" Lee asked confused.

"No- I started to say before Fred cut me off.

"Pretty boy Diggory. You should have seen them in the hall. He was practically eye fucking her!" said Fred.

Lee laughed as I snack Fred across the arm.

"Ouch," he said before smacking him in the back of the head as well, "What was that for?!"

"The first one was for the comment you just made and the second was for the comment out in the hall," I said giving him a stern look.

We had been on the train for awhile and I started to get sleepy. I put my legs up on the seat across from me in between George's legs and leaned my head over on Fred's shoulder. The boys thought I was asleep and started talking again.

"Fred," Lee said, "You seemed a little jealous earlier when talking about Diggory,"

"What are you talking about?," said Fred with a scoff, "Why would I be jealous?"

This caused George to laugh. Why was he laughing?

"Why are you laughing George?" Fred said light he was reading my mind.

"You know exactly why," said George, "Come on Lee, back me up here."

"Yeah man, deep down you know exactly why George is laughing," said Lee.

The cabin then fell silent and I drifted off to sleep.

I feel someone nudging my head as I slowly woke up. I slowly lifted my head looking at Fred who had been waking me.

"We're almost there. You better go out on your robes," Fred said.

I got up grabbing my bag and heading to the bathroom to get changed into my robes. Since it was still nice outside I decided to put on my skirt along with my white button up. I slipped my tie on before walking out of the bathroom. I opened the door accidentally running into someone. What was up with me a running into people today?! I looked up and noticed it was Cedric, of course.

"We have to stop meeting like this," Cedric said with a smile.

"Yes we do. Sorry again, I don't know what is wrong with me today." I said.

"Oh no problem. I'm just glad I ran into you alone this time," he said rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"Yeah. Sorry about earlier, I'm not sure what got into Fred," I said shyly.

Cedric and I stood there awkwardly for a moment before I spoke up again.

"We'll I better get back to my compartment," I said walking past Cedric so he could enter the bathroom.

"Wait, Mallorie," Cedric said making me turn around to face him.

"I was wondering if maybe I could take you out something?" Cedric asked.

Take my out? Was Cedric really asking me out in a date right now? Did I even want to go on a date with him? Sure he was attractive and nice, but there was something holding me back.

I must have taken too long to respond because Cedric spoke again, "Only if you want to, of course."

"That sounds lovely," I said smiling without another thought.

"Great, I'll sent you an owl then sometime after we get settled at school," he said with a smile.

"Sounds good," I said smiling sheepishly and turning around to walk back to my compartment.

Did I really just accept a date with Cedric? Everything was moving so quickly I barley even had time to think. What would my friends think? What would Fred think? He seemed so against the thought of Cedric and I. As I took my seat in the compartment by Fred the only thought running through my head was why was Fred so against Cedric and I?