Chapter 5

The next morning I woke up and got out of bed to get dressed. Once I was finished getting ready I headed down to the great hall to eat some breakfast before class started. I walked through the door  spotting my friends already sitting at the table.

"Good morning," I said sitting down by Lee.

"Morning," the boys said all looking tired.

"You lot look sleepy," I said giggling to myself.

"I haven't been up this early in ages," said George propping his head up with his hand.

I just giggled at him and continued to eat my breakfast. Fred and I had Charms together while George had Transfiguration and Lee had Herbology. I had most of my classes with at least one of them except for Ancient Runes.

When Fred and I got to class we sat down at a table toward the back. I didn't mind where we sat. I had always enjoyed school and it always came naturally to me. The twins always joked that they didn't know why I wasn't sorted into Ravenclaw. Professor Flitwick came into class and started the lesson.

I was taking notes and I could feel Fred staring at me from the side. I tried to ignore it but eventually I looked over at him.

"Staring at me, are you Weasley," I said with a smile.

"N-no. You just had something in your hair," Fred said grabbing whatever was supposedly in my hair and throwing it on the ground.

"Mhm," I said with suspicion Turing back to my notes.

...

The rest of the week wasn't very uneventful and it was now Sunday. The twins, Lee, and I were sitting at breakfast just talking about random things.

"Do you think that a hippogriff could beat a unicorn in a fight," Lee asked.

"What?" I laughed all most spitting out my water.

"Do you think that a hippogriff could beat a unicorn in a fight?" Lee asked again.

"Lee why in the world would you even be thinking about that," I said while the twins started to laugh.

A smirk soon came upon Lees face.

"Lee, why ar-

I was cut off by someone tapping on my shoulder. I turned around to see Cedric.

"Oh, hey Cedric," I said giving him a smile.

"Hey, Mallorie. I just wanted to follow up with our conversation on the train," said Cedric looking around nervously at the boys around me, "Would you want to hangout next Saturday?"

"Yeah sure," I said, feel Fred tense up beside me.

"Cool, I'll meet you by your common room around 12:00. We can grab lunch and then decide what to do," he said smiling.

"Sounds good. I'll see you then," I said tuning back to face my friends.

Lee still had a smirk on his face but it was now even bigger.

"Oh hush it Jordan, I don't need anything from you," I said.

"Your conversation on the train?" George said, "I don't remember much of a conversation and I was standing right there."

"I ended up running into him again when I went to change into my robe. He asked if he could take me out sometime and I said yes," I said shrugging.

"Well you just better be careful," said George.

Fred hadn't spoken much so I glanced over at him. He had a sour expression on his face and was just picking at his food. What was his problem? I didn't want to mention it in front of Lee and George so I'd have to ask him later.