Chapter 19

Coming back to Hogwarts was a lot easier than I thought it was going to be. I enjoyed being back around everyone again. It was my last year and I was determined to make it a good one.

"Good evening children," Dumbledore said, "This year we have two changes in staffing. I am please to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank who will be taking care of magical creature while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave. We also wish a welcome to our new Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher Professor Delores Umbridge. And I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the Professors good luck."

"Now as usually our care taker, Mr.Filch ask asked me to remind you-

Dumbledore was cut off by Umbridge standing up.

"She was at my hearing," I heard Harry say, "She works for Fudge."

"Thank you head master for those kind words of welcome. How lovely to see all your bright happy faces smiling up at me," Umbridge said in.

I gave Fred a look causing him to shrug his shoulders.

"I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends," she continued.

"That's likely," Fred and George said at the same time, receiving a look from Umbridge.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered the education of young Witches and Wizards to be a vital importance. Although each Head Master has brought something new to this historic school, progress for the sake of progress is strictly discouraged. Let us preserve what must be preserved, prefect what can be perfected, and prune practices that should be prohibited," Umbridge finished with a giggle.

Dumbledore started clapping, only part of the hall joining him.

"Thank you Professor Umbridge, that really was the most illuminating," Dumbledore said.

"Illuminating? What a load," Ron said.

"What's it mean?" Harry asked.

"It's means the Ministry is interfering at Hogwarts," Hermione said.

All I wanted was one normal year...

The feast had finished and we were all now in the common room. The room was buzzing with people excited to see their friends again after not seeing them all summer.

Harry walked in causing people to go quiet and start whispering.

"Dean, Seamus, good Holiday?" Harry asked.

"Alright. Better than Seamus's anyway," Dean replied.

Seamus stood up throwing the paper down on the table, "Me mum didn't want my to come back this year."

"Why not?" asked Harry.

"Let me see umm because of you," he said, "The Daily Prophet has been saying a lot about you Harry and about Dumbledore as well."

"What? And your mum believes them?" Harry asks.

"Well nobody was there the night Cedric died," Seamus said.

"Oh well I guess you should read the Prophet then like your stupid mother it will tell you everything you need to know," Harry said.

"Don't you dare talk about my mother like that!" Seamus exclaimed.

"I'll have a go at anyone who calls me a liar!" Harry said.

"What's going on?" Ron asked walking into the common room.

"He's gone mad, that's what's going on," Seamus said pointing at Harry, "Do you believe the rubbish he's coming out with about you know who?"

"Yeah I do," Ron said, "Has anyone else got a problem with Harry?"