Chapter 6

It was now October and today was the day that the students from Durmstrang and Beauxbatons would be arriving. The whole school was alive and excited for their arrival. We also only had half a day of classes which put everyone in a good mood.

I had a fantastic time on my first date with Cedric and we had been hanging out a lot more getting to know each other. We had yet to do anything physical but we were starting to create a nice bond.

The twins, Lee, and I were sitting at our spots at Gryffindor table waiting for the entrance of the other schools. Dumbledore soon stood to address the students.

"If I could have your attention, please. I am pleased to welcome the lovely ladies of Beauxbatons and their lovely head mistress Madame Maxime," said Dumbledore as the doors to the hall opened and a large woman and several pretty girls came through.

Madame Maxime walked to Dumbledore greeting him like an old friend. As she went to the teachers table the girls of Beauxbatons performed a dance. All of the guys stared mesmerized, which made me slightly annoyed.

"They are hot!" said Lee, earning an eye roll from me.

After the Beaxbatons took their place at the Ravenclaw table Dumbledore started to introduce the students of Durmstrang and their headmaster Igor Karkaroff. Karkaroff went and greeted Dumbledore while the Durstang boys performed their elaborate entrance.

"Is that Victor Krum?" I heard Ron say from his spot at the table.

"Who?" I heard someone ask from the table.

"Only the best Quidditch seeker ever!" said Ron, looking offended they didn't know who he was.

The Durmstrang boys decided to sit with Slytherin. Dumbledore started to speak again when the doors to the hall opened showing Filch running with high knees toward the head master. The way he was running made Lee and the twins laugh so hard they almost fell out of their seats. Filch whispered something to the headmaster before running back and exiting the hall.

"Welcome students from Beauxbatons and Durmstrang to Hogwarts! Now that we are all settled in I would like to introduce the impartial judge-

Just as Dumbledore said that Filch came in pushing something to the front by Dumbledore. Dumbledore walked over and ripped off the sheet covering the object.

"The Goblet of Fire! Anyone wishing to submit themselves to the tournament need only write their name on a piece of parchment and throw it in the flames before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly! If chosen, there is no turning back. As from this moment, the TriWizard Tournament has begun!"

The whole crowd erupted in a cheer.

"Now, the feast may begin," said Dumbledore raising his arms, making the food to appear on the table in front of us.

"You really think that thing can stop us from getting our names in?" asked George with a scoff nudging Fred.

"Not a chance," said Fred with a smirk.

"What are you two up to?" I asked.

"We're all planning on taking an aging potion to be able to put our names in," said Lee.

"You really think Dumbledore didn't take into consideration that students would try that and take precautions?" I asked.

The twins and Lee just shrugged, continuing to eat their meal.

"I think those Beauxbatons think they're better than the rest of us," I heard Alicia say, looking over at the Ravenclaw table.

I followed her gaze and the girls seemed like they were not having fun. They were looking around in disgust at everything they saw, especially the other students. I just shook my head and continued to eat because I was starving. While everyone's eyes were averted to the Beauxbatons I noticed Fred was staring at me. I didn't look at him so that he wouldn't know that I'd noticed.