Chapter 21

Fred and I were set to go on our date this weekend, but it was only Wednesday. He wouldn't tell me where he was taking me just that I should wear a nice dress.

I was currently on my way to my next class. I tuned the corner in the hall seeing a bunch of students heading to the front door. I followed everyone hoping to see what was going on. As I got closer I noticed Fred, George and Lee standing amongst the crowd.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"It's Professor Trelawney," Lee said.

I looked out to where he was looking and there was Professor Trelawney surrounded by luggage with Umbridge standing in front of her. The poor woman looked so distraught.

"Sixteen years I have lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this," Trelawney said with a trembling voice tears threatening their way out.

"Actually I can," Umbridge said holding up a piece of paper.

I looked out at all of the people in the crowd that had formed. There were many different emotions, some student were even crying. Professor McGonagall walked out and hugged Trelawney trying to comfort her.

"Something you'd like to say dear?" Umbridge asked McGonagall.

"Oh there are several things I would like to say," she said back.

The main door opened causing everyone to turn to see who it was. There were so many people I couldn't see who it was at first.

"Dumbledore," George mumbled beside me.

"Professor McGonagall may I ask you to escort Sybill back inside," Dumbledore said walking up to the women standing in front of him.

McGonagall helped Professor Trelawney back inside. She thanked Dumbledore as she passed him, I assume a sense of relief washing over her.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms of Educational Decree Number 23 as enacted by the Minister-

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers but you do not have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the head master," he said.

"For now," Umbridge replied back.

Dumbledore turned around walking back to the castle, "Don't you all have some studying to do."

The crowd started to dissipate as everyone made their way back inside.

"What a foul evil little gargoyle that woman is," I said walking next to the twins and Lee.

"I think that's an insult to gargoyles," Fred said.

"Either way, she is trying to ruin this school and no one is trying to stop her," I said.

We were all sitting at dinner that night when Hermione came and sat by me.

"Are you all going to Hogsmeade next weekend?" she asked.

"Probably, we try and go when we can," I said, "Why?"

"There is going to be a meeting at Hogs Head about trying to get a group together to learn how to defend ourselves," Hermione whispered so that no one could hear her.

"Are you breaking the rules, Granger?" George asked with a smirk on his face.

"There is a time and a place for things George, and this needs to be done," she said sending him a look, "If she isn't going to teach us someone has too."

"I agree," I said.

"So you all will be there?" she asked.

We all shook our heads yes.