Chapter 20

Fred, George, Lee, and I were all walking down to breakfast. The hall seemed to be very crowded with students the closer and close we got to the great hall.

"Pardon me Professor but what exactly are you insinuating?" I heard Umbridge say from down the hall.

"We better hurry, this'll be good," Lee said.

"I'm merely requesting that when it come to my students you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices," McGonagall said.

I wonder how she found out about Harry? Or maybe Umbridge had used the blood quill on someone else and they told.

"So sillyof me but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom, Minerva," Umbridge said taking a step up so that she was eye to eye with McGonagall.

"Not at all, Dolores. Merely your mid evil methods," McGonagall said stepping to stand on the same step as Umbridge.

A crowed had now started to form in the hall watching the interaction.

"Well I'm sorry dear but to question my practices is to question the Ministry and by extension the Minister himself. I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty," Umbridge said.

Professor McGonagall took a step down on shock, "Disloyalty?"

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. The Minister will want to take action at once." Umbridge said turning to face us.

The crowed started to dissipate slowly.

"What do you think she's going to do?" I asked heading toward the hall to eat breakfast.

"I'm not sure. But I don't think it will be good," Fred said.

...

We were walking to class when students started running past us. One first year even ran straight into me making me drop all of my books.

"Watch where you're walking!" Fred shouted while bending down to help me get my books.

"I wonder what's got them in such a rush?" George ask.

I saw Neville start to walk past us in a hurry.

"Neville, what's going on?" I asked.

"Heard Filtch is putting up some kind of new rule thing by the great hall," he said rushing off around the corner.

"A what?" Lee asked.

We all shrugged our shoulders following the direction the boy went in. We walked up to where the great hall is seeing Filch hanging a sign on the nails he had hammered into the wall.

"Educational Decree Number 23. Dolores Jane Umbridge has been appointed to the post of Hogwarts High Inquisitor," I read out loud.

"What does that mean?" Lee asked.

"I think it means that things around here are going to start changing really quickly," I said.

I didn't truly know how right I was. Umbridge started cracking down on rules and observing every teacher inside the school. Decree after Decree kept getting added to the wall.

"No Music to be Played During Study Hours"

"All Weasley Products Will be Banned Immediately"