Chapter 22

"So are you going to finally tell me where we are going?" I asked as we entered Hogsmeade.

"Nope," Fred said guiding me through the village.

We walked for a little longer until Fred stoped in front of a building that I had never noticed before.

"Here we are," he said walking over to hold the door for me.

As we walked in I took in the look of the small restaurant. It was quaint and cozy. There was no one else inside besides the waitress. She was an older lady, 50s maybe.

"Hello dears, how many?" she asked greeting us.

"Two please," Fred said.

"Okay, table or booth?" she asked.

"Booth," Fred and I both said at the same time.

"Right this way," she said leading us to a booth in the back corner of the restaurant.

"Can I start you off with anything to drink," she asked.

"I'll just take a water," I said.

"Butter beer for me," Fred said.

The lady nodded her head walking away to get our drinks. Fred and I were both looking at the menu trying to figure out what to get.

"This place is nice," I said looking at Fred, "I've never noticed it before."

"I hadn't either until I started looking on where to take you on our date," he said smiling.

"So, what are you getting?" I asked looking back at my menu.

"Im thinking the steak. You?" he asked.

"Probably the Chicken Alfredo," I said.

The waitress walked over with out drinks. As soon as she sat them down people walked through the door.

"Excuse me. Let me go seat them and then I'll be back to take your order," she said walking over and greeting the people. She sat the people on the opposite side of the restaurant from where Fred and I were sitting. That was nice of her, this way we still have some privacy.

"Alright, what will we be having?" she asked.

"I'll take the steak," Fred said.

"And I'll have the Chicken Alfredo," I said.

"That comes with a breadstick, would that be okay?" she asked.

"Yes," I said,

"Okay, I'll go put this in and have your food out to you as soon as its ready," she said walking toward the back.

I turned to face Fred and noticed he was staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, you're just beautiful," he said making me blush.

"Even more beautiful when you blush," he said which caused me to blush even more.

"Thank you for bringing me on this date." I said.

"It's really no problem. I need to start taking you on dates more often," he said.

"We could never go on another date for the rest of our lives and I'd be okay, as long as I get to spend time with you that's all that matters," I said.

Fred and I continued making small talk until the waitress brought us our food. As soon as the food arrived a silence fell over our table as we ate. It was a very comfortable silence though.

"Pretty delicious food," Fred said almost finished with his plate

"Absolutely delicious," I said also almost finished with mine.

When we were finished eating the waitress brought Fred the check and he paid. We were back out in the cold walking along the path at Hogsmeade. We were walking is silence when we pasted the ice cream place. I stopped to look at it causing Fred to also stop. I looked at the ice cream place and back at Fred with a smirk. Fred nodded his head as I trotted off to the store like a child on Christmas morning.

We walked into the shop seeing a few people spread out at the tables. Quite a few people in an ice cream shop in November.

"Hello, how can I help you?" asked the guy at the counter.

"I'll have a cup of butterscotch," I said.

"I'll have a cup of cookie dough," Fred told the man.

We got our ice cream and went and sat in a booth in the corner away from everyone.

"You're kinda crazy, you know that," Fred said.

"How am I crazy?" I asked.

"We're eating ice cream and it's the beginning of November," he said.

"I didn't know there was a law against what time of year you could eat ice cream," I said giving him a look like I was offended. Fred just laughed at me.

We continued to eat our ice cream occasionally talking. We were now the only ones left in the ice cream shop. Even the guy at the counter had disappeared, I assume going to the back.

"You've got ice cream on your face," Fred said.

I wiped my face with the napkin that I had.

"Did I get it?" I asked.

"No, here let me," Fred said leaning his face toward mine and colliding our lips.

Fred brought his hand up to my face pulling me into the kiss. We both pulled away after a minute.

"I didn't have any ice cream on my face did I?" I asked.

Fred just shook his head with a smirk on his face.

"Smooth Weasley, smooth," I said giggling at him.

"Well, we better head back before we are late for curfew. I'd hate to get us detention again," Fred said standing up.

"Yeah, I still have a scar on my hand from the last one," I said standing up and grabbing his hand.

The walk back to the castle was a ways but I didn't mind. We had been walking for awhile and were finally almost back to the castle.

"So, are we going to name our future kid after George?" he asked with a slight laugh.

"He wishes," I said laughing.

"He'll never let us live it down," he said.

"Oh I know. Plus we are only 17 and are still just dating, I think kids are several years off," I said, "Who knows what's going to happen in the future."

"I'm not sure, but I know you'll always be in mine," Fred said looking down at me.

"Freddie, getting sappy are we?" I said.

Fred stopped walking turning to look at me making me stop and turn to him.

"I'm serious, Mal. I will always be there for you no matter what. We have gone through life this far together and I want to continue going through life with you," Fred said grabbing my hands.

"Fred-

"I love you, Mallorie. Always have, always will."

My whole body erupted with fireworks and warmed at the sound of those words leaving his mouth. I knew in that moment that I loved Frederick Weasley and I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

I leaped toward Fred crashing out lips together in a feverish kiss. Fred grabbed my back pulling me in toward his body. We kissed so passionately. It felt like we were the only two people on earth and that none of the bad stuff that had happened didn't matter.

"I love you too Freddie," I said pulling away from out kiss and smiling up at him.

Hello lovely readers!

I hope you guys enjoy reading this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it! Sorry again that it is a bit shorter than other chapters. I wanted to dedicate the whole chapter to the date. The lingering question of the whole book is, will love last? Comment what you think is going to happen!

-A