Chapter 63

I was standing in the infirmary now waiting for the rest of the Weasley family to join. Madame Pomfrey was doing her best to get to everyone that was injured. Fred still hadn't opened his eyes, I couldn't just stay there and look at him. I was starting to come to the realization that I may have actually lost him.

"Mallorie," I heard making me look up.

I saw Molly, Ginny, and Arthur standing in front of me. What was I going to tell them?

"Did you ever find Fred and George?" Ginny asked.

I just stood there and stared at her.

"What's wrong?" Ginny asked.

Molly gasped from beside her daughter. She must have seen him. She must have seem him laying there on the stretcher, almost lifeless. Molly rushed past me to be by her son's side, sobs is all I heard coming from behind me.

"Oh, Mallorie," Ginny said pulling me into a tight hug.

I didn't know what to say. I didn't hug back. I didn't have any tears left to cry. I just stood there while Ginny hugged me.

"What's wrong with you two?" George asked walking up to Ginny and I.

Ginny pulled away from our hug to look at her brother.

"George," she said quietly.

"What?" he said.

George looked over at me and as soon as we made eye contact I could tell he knew something was wrong.

"Where's Freddie?" he asked still making eye contact with me.

I tired to answer but my voice wouldn't come out. I had screamed so much in the hall that I didn't know if I'd ever speak again.

"Mallorie, where is Fred?" George asked walking up to me.

"George," Ginny said grabbing her brothers arm.

"No Gin, where is he? Is he alright?" he yelled.

Ginny sighed and moved out of the way so that George could see his twin laying on a stretcher. A gasp left George's mouth before he sprinted over to where his twin lay. I watched as George threw himself to his knees and laid over his twin crying. I didn't think I had any tears left but the sight of my best friend going through the loss of his brother pushed me farther over the edge that I thought I could go.

I turned around quickly not wanting to look or think about the scene in front of me any longer. I let tears spill out of my eyes. I felt Ginny slowly rub my back trying to comfort me.

"We should joint the other," Ginny spoke as my tears slowly started to disappear.

"I don't know if I can. I don't want to see him like that," I barley got out.

"George needs you," she said.

She was right. I may have lost my husband but George had lost not only his brother but his best friend. I needed to be there for him no matter how hard it was for me. I let Ginny lead me over to where Fred laid. Molly was leaning over her son crying, Arthur was trying to comfort George, and Bill and Fleur stood there looking down at him.

I just stood there and stared down at him. His skin was pale and the once bright red blood that was on his forehead was now dried to a dark red color. This wasn't fair. He should have lived. I need him. Our two beautiful baby girls at home need him. His family needed him.

Tears started to from once more in my eyes and I threw myself on the ground next to Fred. I grabbed his hand and held it close to me as I sat there. I just sat there and stared down at him. I could tell that there were people talking and moving around me but I tuned it all out.