Chapter 10

It was now Sunday and the twins, Lee, and I were spending time in the common room. It was November now so it was far too cold to be hanging around outside. We were surprisingly the only ones in the common room at the time.

"So we came up with a new invention. We really think it going to be a hit," said George.

"What is it? asked Lee.

"A nosebleed nougat," said Fred.

"A what?" I asked now that they had my full attention.

"A nosebleed nougat. You eat this part and your nose starts to bleed until you eat this part," Fred said shaking me the pieces.

"And who in earth would want to eat those?" I asked looking at him like her was crazy.

"Students are always wanting to get out of class," said George.

"And now, we just need a few people to test it on," said Fred smirking turning to look at me.

"Absolutely not, if you think for one second that I'm going to eat that you're crazy," I said.

Fred continued to smirk leaping up to grab me. I squealed getting off the couch and trying to run from him. I was running around the couch when Fred jumped on me making us fall to the ground. I laughed rolling under Fred to face him. I was squeezing my lips together while Fred tried to shove the nougat in my mouth. I got my arm out from under him Fred and managed to grab the candy throwing it across the room. Fred looked stunned while I laughed. I stopped laughing and I looked at Fred in his eyes. Fred stared into my eyes and I felt something in my stomach.

Butterflies? No, can't be. I must have just ate something that didn't agree with me

"You two alright down there?" George asked causing Fred and I to pull away from one another.

Fred stood up letting out his hand to help me up. We both sat down on the couch. I looked over and Lee and George who were smirking at each other.

"What wrong with you two?" I asked.

"Oh nothing," said Lee.

"I'm just glad that you two are getting along again," said George with a smile.

...

We were now in late November and the first task was only days away. I had been studying with Cedric in the library and he told me that Harry told him that the first task had to deal with dragons. When he said that I had an overwhelming feeling of anxiousness come over me.

There was a lightness brought back to the school with the announcement of the yule ball that was to take place on Christmas night, I had also gotten a letter back from my parents. They were doing well and had just gotten back from another business trip. I had written my mother about a dress for the ball and was waiting on a reply.

I was walking to class with Fred and noticed everyone wearing these big badges.

"What are these pins everyone is wearing?" I asked Fred.

"I'm not sure," he said.

I noticed a third year Hufflepuff passing out the badges as we passed through the courtyard so I gabbed one to see what they said. At first it was a picture of Cedric's face and had his name on it, the picture on the pin spun turning green and Harrys face appeared with he word "Potter Stinks" on it.

"How awful," I said looking at the pin, "Who on earth made these?"

"Maybe you should ask him," said Fred pointing across the courtyard at Cedric who was talking to Harry.