Chapter 7

It was now the next day and the school felt a little off. People were gossiping all over about Harry getting into the tournament.

"Did you hear the news?" asked Lee sitting down at the breakfast table.

"What news?" I asked.

"Hufflepuff is throwing a party in their common room tonight for your boyfriend," Lee said.

"He's not my boyfriend, Lee. We are just friends." I said rolling my eyes.

"Whatever, I think we should go," he said looking at the twins and I.

"The first party of the year, I wouldn't miss it," said George.

I wasn't a major fan of parties but I would always go with them. I didn't drink very much but I did love to dance.

When I was done eating breakfast I got up and headed to my first class of the day.

"Hey, Mallorie! Wait up!" I head someone yell from across the corridor.

I stopped turning around to see who it was. I saw Cedric running toward me so I stood and waited for him.

"Did you hear about the party?" he asked now walking beside me.

"Yes, I was thinking about going," I said.

"Well, I'd love for you to attend with me," he said giving me a smile.

"That would be lovely," I said smiling back, "Since it's in your common room I'll just meet you there."

"Sounds good. I'll see you tonight," Cedric said walking toward his class.

The rest of the day flew by with all the excitment coming from the older students about the party. I have always wondered of the teachers caught on and just didn't say anything or if they really were just that oblivious. We were already into October so I decide to write to my parents.

Dear Mum and Dad,

How have things been at home? I have been having a good time at school. Everything has been super crazy since the TriWizard Tournament is being hosted here. I cannot being to tell you how relieved I was when I found out that none of my friends could enter. But then Harry got chosen anyway, you should have seen his face. I could tell he was scared and I am scared for him. Other than that everything has been going well. I am doing well in all of my classes so far, my schedule as you know is packed. Please write back when you get the chance.

Love,

Your Dearest Daughter.

I had time before the party so I decided to head to the owlery to send off my letter. I walked up the stairs and saw Fred sending off a letter.

"Hey," I said walking over to my owl, "Sending a letter to your mum?"

"Yeah," he said walking over to me, "You as well, I assume."

I shook my head yes in response turning toward Fred.

"So, have you decided on if you're going to the party or not?" Fred asked.

"Yes actually. Cedric asked my to go with him today after breakfast."

"Oh, so I'm sure you'll ditch us for the night then," he said rolling his eye.

I scoffed at his response, "Well I'll be spending time with my date yes. Whats your problem?" I asked.

"Nothing. You just seem to be spending a lot of time with Diggory lately," he said with anger in his voice.

"Are you serious right now?" I asked dumfounded.

"Yes,  you've completely forgotten about George, Lee, and I. I figured tonight we'd all get to spend time together but I don't know why I thought it would be different," he said with the same anger in his voice pushing himself off of the desk her was leaning on.