Chapter 33

Everyone was at the table eating and chatting about in their own conversations.

"So, Fred, George, your mother tells me you'll be opening a joke shop at Diagon Alley," Remus said.

"Yeah, we've got the building purchased. We just have clean it up a bit," George said.

"And what about you Mallorie, what are your plans after school?" Remus asked.

"Well, I'll be moving in with Fred and George at their flat and probably working at the joke shop for awhile. I'm still not sure what I want to be when I grow up," I giggled. 

"There is nothing wrong with that!" Remus said.

Arthur stood up at the head of the table gaining everyone's attention.

"I'd like to say a few word," he said, "Thank you all so much from coming, and thank you Molly for this delicious meal. In times like these I'm glad we can all still get together and spend quality time. I think I speak for everyone when I say that you all are like family to me, even if we aren't related, and I think everyone here feels the same. To family."

"To family," we all said raising out glasses.

Times like these helped me forget about what was going on in the world. It made me forget about Cedric's death, that the Dark Lord was in fact back, and that our world would be changing ever so quickly before we even knew it. I knew all I need in this world were the people around me, but I was scared to lose them.

...

We had all made out way back inside. Everyone was spread out in the house having their own conversations. I was sitting in a chair looking out at everyone with a smile. I felt someone touch my shoulder making me turn around. I looked up to see Fred standing behind me. He motioned to the door with his head wanting me to follow him. I got up off the chair slipping my sandals back on and followed him out the door.

"Have you had a good day?" Fred asked.

"I've had a great day," I said with a huge smile on my face, "One of the best I've had in awhile."

"Good, I'm glad," Fred said.

"Why'd you want to go on a walk?" I asked looking at him.

"No reason, just wanted to get some alone time with you," Fred said pulling me into a side hug.

"To many people in that house for that," I said with a laugh.

Fred and I continued to walk. It was silent, but it was a comfortable silence. We kept walking and came upon a big oak tree that made me smile.

"I remember this tree," I said.

I pulled Fred over to the tree. We got the the tree and Fred let go of my hand as I walked up to the tree. Our carving was still there, "MV+FW+GW= BFF's FL"

In retro spect it was kind of dorky what we did but I will always remember that day. The summer before we went to Hogwarts Fred, George, and I made a pact to always be best friends no matter what. It was going to be our first year at school and we weren't sure what was going to happen once we got there. I remember it like it was yesterday.

"We have to make it official some how," George said.

"And how are we going to do that?" Fred asked.

A smile grew on my face, "Come on! I have an idea"

I grabbed a knife from the kitchen before I lead Fred and George out of the house.

"What do you need that for?" Fred asked looking worried.

"You'll see," I said.

"I think she's trying to kill us," I heard George whisper to Fred making me roll my eyes.

They kept following me until I stopped in front of a big oak tree that was on their property.

"Here we are," I said.

"Here we are for what?" Fred asked.

"You're not going to kill us are you?" George said with a worried look on his face.

"No George," I said rolling my eyes, "You said we needed to make it official so here we are."

"Then what exactly are we doing to make it official?" Fred asked.

"We're each going to carve out initials into the tree," I said walking over and carving mine in.

Fred and George carved theirs and handed me back the knife. I went and finished it off stepping back to examine my work.

"MV+FW+GW=BFF's FL"

"FL?" George asked looking at the tree.

"For Life," I said smiling at him.

I ran my hands over the carving as a smile came over my face. Oh how times were much more simple back then. I turned around to see Fred staring at me with a smile on his face.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing, you're just so beautiful," Fred said, "I remember doing that like it was yesterday."

"Me too," I said as Fred came up and pulled my closer to his side.

"Mal, I want to tell you something but you have to promise not to interrupt me," he said pulling away and turning to face me.

What did he want to tell me? I hoped whatever it was, was good news.

"I promise," I said.

"Mallorie, we have known each other our whole lives," Fred said grabbing my hands in his,  "I know we only started dating a year and a half ago but I think I always knew that we were gonna end up together someday. When I finally go the courage to kiss you the first time I was so nervous that you would reject me, but you didn't. And when I finally got the courage to ask you out I was so happy when you said yes. What I'm trying to get to here is that you make me that happiest I've ever been in my entire life. My family even loves you as much as I do. I know we are young but I want to start living life and planning a future. The main things that comes to mind when I think of that, is you."

Was this really about to happen right now? Was Fred Weasley going to ask me to marry him? Fred let go of my right hand and reached in his pocket.

"Mallorie Valentine, will you make me the happiest man on earth and marry me?" Fred asked getting down on one knee.

I stood there staring at Fred for a moment tears threatening to fall any moment now.

"Yes, absolutely, yes!" I said reaching down to grab his face and kiss it.

Fred kissed me back standing up so that he was no longer kneeling on the ground. I pulled away from out kiss smiling up at him.

"Thank Merlin, I really thought you were gonna say no for a second there," Fred said with a nervous laugh.

"How could I ever say no to you, Freddie," I said with a huge smile on my face.

"Here's your ring," Fred said taking the ring out of the box and placing it on my finger.

It was absolutely breath taking. It was simple yet elegant. It was one diamond that was oval shaped with a solid gold band.

"It's absolutely perfect," I said smiling down at it.

"I'm glad you love it, George and I spent hours one day looking at different rings," Fred said rubbing the back of his neck.

"You and George picked this out?" I asked looking up at him.

"Yeah. It was mainly me but George did help a lot," he said.

"You guys did great!" I exclaimed.

"We better start heading back before it gets dark," Fred said.

"And we have to tell your family. I have to write to my parents as well," I said.

"When better to tell them then right now while they are all together," Fred said.

Did you guys see that coming?! Oh my gosh I've been waiting to write this part since starting this book! I hope you guys are enjoying Fred and Mallorie's relationship as much as I am! I'll post a photo of the ring as the picture on the next chapter!
-A