Chapter 9

The next morning I woke up and didn't want to open my eyes. I had the absolute worst headache I've ever had in my life. I groaned rolling to the side of the bed trying not to throw up.

"Good morning," someone said causing me to jump.

I looked over to where the voice came from seeing George.

"Here, take this," George said handing me a potion.

I took it without even asking what it was. I immediately felt better as I felt the potion hit my stomach. I finally took in my surroundings and noticed that I wasn't in my dorm.

"What am I doing in your dorm?" I asked sitting up on the bed.

"You got pretty drunk last night after your fight with Fred. I found you before we left and you were pretty much passed out in a couch. I couldn't just leave you there so I brought you back here," he said.

The event of the previous night started to come back to me. The dancing and kiss with Cedric. The argument with Fred. My other kiss with Cedric and then drowning my sorrows in firewiskey.

I slid back down into George's bed groaning and pulling the blanket back over my head.

"Why don't you go back to sleep for awhile and we'll talk later," George said.

When I woke up again I looked around the room seeing no one. I got up heading to the bathroom. I walked in going straight to the bathroom. I walked over to the mirror looking at myself. I looked awful. I had lipstick smear on my lips and mascara running down my face. My hair looked like it had been put into a bun but was now half falling out. I splashed some water on my face trying to wash off the makeup the best I could.

I walked out of the bathroom as someone one was coming into the room. I looked over to see George walking in holding a plate of food.

"Good afternoon sleeping beauty," George said smiling at me, "I brought you some lunch since you slept through breakfast."

"Thank you," I said following George to his bed.

I ate some of the food that George had brought but still wasn't feeling the best.

"Are you ready to talk?" asked George.

"What is there to talk about?" I asked leaning against his head board.

"Mal, you don't typically drink and you got really drunk last night," he said with a concerned look on his face.

"I was just trying to drown out my emotions. I tried to do that by kissing Cedric- Oh my gosh, I used him," I said putting my face in my hands.

"No matter what you were trying to do, drinking to cope with emotions is not good," he said putting his hand on my knee trying to comfort me.

"I know. I was just so upset and confused. I won't do it again, I promise," I said.

George looked me in my eyes for a moment, "Okay, I believe you. But you and Fred need to patch things up. He's been moping around since last night."

"I know. I need to go talk to Cedric too," I said.

I headed back to my room to put myself together a little bit. Thankfully when I got there neither Alicia or Angelina were in the room. I was not in the mood to be bombarded with questions. I walked straight to the bathroom washing the makeup off my face and brushing the sour taste out of my mouth. I walked to my closet out on some joggers and a baggy T-shirt along with my fuzzy boots. I now had to do what I was dreading, find Cedric and talk to him and then find Fred and talk to him.

I left the Gryffindor common room. I didn't know where Cedric was but I hoped I could find him. I wasn't searching for very long when I found him in the library reading a book.

"Hey," I said walking up to him.

"Hey, glad to see you're alive," he said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, George nursed me back to health," I said.

"I assume he's the one that took you back to Gryffindor tower? I looked for you later that night and couldn't find you," he said.

"Yes. He said he found me almost passed out on a couch and grabbed me before they left," I said.

"Well I'm glad you got back safe," he said.

"Listen Cedric about last night," I started to say.

"I already know what you're going to say Mallorie, I feel the same way," he said.

"You do?" I asked.

"Yeah I get it. I do really enjoy spending time with you but we'd never work as a couple," he said.

I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding in. Thank goodness Cedric felt the same way.

"Well this just made my day a little easier," I said letting out another breath.

"Plus I think I would have some competition anyway," he said causing me to give him a confused look.

"Competition? From who?" I asked.

"That, you're just gonna have to find out for yourself," he said leaving back in his chair.

Now that that was over, I needed to go find Fred.

"Mallorie?" Cedric said, "We can still be friends, yeah?"

"Oh course. Plus I already told you I'd root for you in the tournament. Maybe you'll even win," I said.

"Maybe? I am going to win. Maybe after I'll get you something with my prize money," Cedric said with a grin.

I laughed walking out of the library.

I had looked for Fred all over the castle and still hadn't found him. There was only one other place to look, the quidditch pitch. I made my way down to the pitch hoping to find him. As I walked into the pitch I spotted him sitting on the bench with his back toward me. I took a deep breath before walking over toward him. I didn't say anything as I walked by, sitting down on the bench next to him.

"I'm sorry," we both said at the same time making us both smile slightly.

We both started to talk again at the same time.

"Let me talk first," Fred said turning to face me.

I turned to face Fred as he grabbed my hand.

"Look, Mal I am so sorry about everything that happened. I've been being a real prat the last few days. I didn't mean any of the things I said. You are not ditching us for Cedric and you are most definitely not a bitch. If you want to date Cedric I am totally fine with that. I was just getting in my feelings because I felt like I was losing my best friend," he said.

"I know you didn't mean what you said. And I didn't mean to provoke you and start an argument. You are my very best friend Fred, and I never want that to change," I said.

I pulled Fred into a hug and we stayed like that for awhile. I let a few tears slip and started to sniffle causing Fred to pull away.

"Don't cry, love," Fred said whipping the tear from my cheek.

"I'm sorry. I've been holding these tears in for awhile. I just didn't want to lose you," I said.

"You're never going to lose me Mal," said Fred pulling me in toward him.

"How about we head back to the castle," Fred said.

I shook my head still trying to pull myself together. Fred grabbed my hand pulling me to and standing positions. He threw his arm around my shoulders and we started walking toward the castle.

"I broke things off with Cedric this morning," I said as we walked.

"Because of me? Mal I already told you if he makes you happ-

"No not because of you," I said.

"Then why?" he asked.

"I like Cedric as a friend and we will continue to stay friend. But a relationship wouldn't have worked out," I said, "Plus, when we kissed I felt nothing."

"Nothing? Pretty boy Diggory didn't do it for you?" Fred asked laughing.

I laughed and pushed Fred to the side while we continued to walk.