Chapter 16

Today is June 23rd, tomorrow is the day of the second task. All I wanted to do today was spend time with all of my friends. Me, Fred, George, Lee, Harry, Hermione, Ron, Ginny, and even Cedric were all hanging out in the Gryffindor common room. Everyone was having their own conversation and I was sitting there soaking in all of my friend presence. A thought soon popped into my head.

"I'll be right back," I said jumping from the couch running up to my room.

I quickly grabbed the camera and scrapbook my parents had bought me for Christmas heading back down to the common room.

"Picture time!" I said with a smile.

I received some groans from the boys.

"Oh, hush it up. I want to remember this time forever! Half of us don't have a lot of time left in school to make these memories," I said.

I snapped a photo of Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Another of Fred, George, Lee, and I. I even made the twins, Ron, and Ginny take a photo together. I placed all of the photos in my scrap booking using fun tape writing the date underneath them.

"Mione, would you take a photo of Cedric and I?" I asked.

"Sure," she said grabbing my camera.

I walked over and sat by Cedric. Cedric threw an arm around my shoulder, we both looked at the camera and smiled. I looked over at Cedric who was making a funny face making me laugh. Another flash went off meaning Hermione had taken a photo catching the funny moment. Hermione handed me the photos.

"Perfect," I said.

"Oh don't put that one in there," said Cedric pointing at the one where he was making a silly face and I was turned laughing at him.

"Why not? That ones my favorite of the two actually," I said, "It shows off our personalities."

I took the photos and put them next to each other on the page taping them in and writing the date under them.

...

The first task was today and the school was booming with excitement. Everyone hoped that one of the two Hogwarts champions could win. I on the other hand was filled with nerves. I wasn't exactly sure why but I was.

I was sitting in between Fred and George waiting for the task to start. Mr and Mrs. Weasley had come to show their support for Harry. My parents couldn't attend because they were away on business. The crowd was cheering and the band was playing their instruments. The champion started coming out to the middle of the arena. Cedrics father was with him and the others had their headmasters with them.

"Silence," said Dumbledore amplifying his voice using his wand, "Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the TriWzard cup deep into the maze. Only he knows it's exact position. Now as Mr. Diggory-

Dumbledore was cut off by the crowd cheering. Amos took Cedrics arming holding it up in the air. I laughed to myself, he was so proud of him.

"And Mr. Potter tied for first position they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum and Mrs. Delacour. The first person to touch the cup will be the winner!" Dumbledore said.

The crowd cheered loudly for all of the champions. I clapped but I couldn't bring myself to cheer loudly, I might throw up.

"If there is any point in which a contestant wishes to withdraw from the task he or she must only send up a red spark using their wand," said Dumbledore.