Chapter 30

"Department of Mysteries" the voice over the speaker said as the elevator opened to the floor we needed to be on.

We all exited the elevator slowly not quite sure what we were going to be met with.

"This is it," Harry said.

We followed Harry down the hall to the door at the end of it. When he opened the door it lead to a room that was pitch black. We all cast spells so that we could use our wands as lights. I looked around seeing globes on shelves that went all the way to the ceiling.

Harry was walking between the shelves and counting trying to find whatever it was we were here for.

"It should be here!" Harry yelled ahead of us.

"Harry," Neville said, "It's got your name on it."

I looked over to see Neville looking up at a globe on one of the shelves.

Harry walked over picking up the globe with some hesitation. Harry stared at the globe like he could hear or see something inside of it. I looked at Hermione who looked back at me with a confusing look. Commotion came from down the hall making all of us look over.

"Harry!" Hermione yelled causing him to look up from the globe.

Harry got in front of all of us as a masked figure walked down the path between the shelves.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry asked.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams...and reality," the man said pulling his mask off.

Lucius Malfoy.

"You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now hand me the prophecy," Lucius said.

"You do anything to us, I'll break it." Harry said back.

A woman started cackling in the distance.

"He knows how to play...itty-bitty baby Potter," Bellatrix Lenstrange said coming up beside Lucius.

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville said.

"Neville Longbottom, is it?" she said, "How's Mum and Dad?"

"Better now that they're about to be avenged," Neville said pulling out his wand.

Harry put his hand up stopping Neville from getting in front of him. Bellatrix raised her wand in defense.

"Now, let's everyone just calm down. Shall we?" Lucius said, "All we want is the prophecy."

"Why did Voldemort need me to come and get this?" Harry asked.

"You dare speak his name?" Bellatrix said in a whisper.

"You filthy half-blood!" she yelled.

"It's alright, he's just a curious lad, aren't you?" Lucius said, "Prophecies can only be retrieved by those about whom they are made. Which is luck for you really."

I noticed someone coming up the hall that I was watching, I assumed they were trying to corner us in.

"Haven't you ever wondered what was the reason for the connection between you and the Dark Lord? Hm?" Lucius said walking closer to Harry, "Why he was unable to kill you when you were just an infant? Don't you want to know the secret of your scar? All of the answers are there, Potter, in your hand. All you have to do is give it to me, and I can show you everything."

More death eaters started to surround us. We tightened our circle by putting out back together.

"I've waited 14 years," Harry said.