Chapter 64

Harry had defeated Voldemort. He was now dead and gone. I was now sitting next to Fred again. He hadn't moved from the spot he was in when I had left him. George and the rest of the Weasleys were with everyone else in a different room. I was going to join them but I needed to come back just one last time to say goodbye. Several severely injured people and dead bodies laid around me as I sat there.

"Freddie, I'm really going to miss you. The girls are going to miss you. Your family is going to miss you," I said holding Fred's hand trying not to cry again, "I can't do this without you Fred. I really can't. Why did you have to go and get yourself seriously injured. You promised...you promised."

I brought Freds hand up to my chest as I leaned my head over and cried. I sat his hand down and cried and cried into my hands. How was I going to do this without him? What was I going to tell the girls, they never even really got to know him.

I heard a grunt making me look up.

"Fred," I said grabbing ahold of his hand.

I looked over his face looking for any signs of movement. I felt his finger move in my hand.

"Madame Pomfrey!" I yelled getting up to find her.

"Yes dear, what is it?" she asked.

"It's Fred. I think he's still alive!" I said looking in her eyes.

"Oh dear," she said giving me a look of pity, "I don't think that's possible."

"I heard him grunt, and when I was holding his hand his finger moved," I said looking at her with desperation, "Will you just please come check him one more time."

"Alright dear," she said as I drug her over to where Fred laid.

She started examining Fred again. She checked his pulse once more to see if she could feel anything.

"I'm sorry dear," she said looking up at me.

"But I felt him move," I said looking back down at Fred.

"Maybe it was just your imagination," she said giving me a pity look again.

"No it wasn't. I know his finger moved," I said looking up at her.

Another tiny grunt came from Fred mouth making us both snap our heads back down to him.

"You heard that right?" I asked looking back up at her.

"Yes but, I'm not quite sure how it's possible," she said grabbing his wrist to check his pulse again.

"Freddie, if you can hear me please wake up," I said searching his face form something, anything.

Fred's eyes fluttered open making me gasp.

"Mallorie," he whispered.

I sat there frozen in shock.

"Fred," Madame Pomfrey said, "How are you feeling?"

"Like I've been hit by a bus," he said groaning.

"Well, we all thought you were dead," Madame Pomfrey said.

"What?" Fred asked.

"You've been knock out for several hours. I couldn't feel a pulse, it must have been so weak. Your family, they had already said their goodbyes," she said.

Fred looked over to me. I snapped out of my shock attacking him in a hug.

"You're alive. I thought you were dead. You wouldn't move. You wouldn't open your eyes," I said.

"Mal, Mal it's okay. I'm here now," Fred said.

I pulled away from Fred looking up at Madame Pomfrey.

"How is this possible?" I said looking at her, "Am I dreaming?"

"You aren't dreaming dear. This is very very rare but I have heard of it happening. Mr. Weasley had a lot of trauma to his head putting him into a coma like state. I could not feel his pulse which lead me to believe that he was in fact deceased. What must have happened was the pulse slowed down to preserve the body. It is like I said extremely rare but also possible," she said smiling at me.

"So, he's going to be completely alright?" I asked.

"He should really be taken to the hospital for further evaluation but from what I can tell yes. He seemed to be acting and talking okay which means that the damage to the brain is not sever," she said.

I stared back at Fred who was now smiling up at me. A few moments ago I thought I had lost my husband forever and now he is laying here staring up at me. I was so overwhelmed with joy. George was going to be-

"George," I whispered.

"What?" Fred asked.

"I have to go tell George, and the rest of your family," I said.

I quickly kissed Fred before getting up to go find the rest of the Weasley's.

"Please don't ever leave me again," I said turning back to Fred.

"I never actually left you in the first place," Fred said.

I smiled back down at him before running off. I ran and ran until I finally got to the room that was housing everyone.

"George!" I yelled seeing him sitting by his family.

"Mal, what wrong? Why are you so out of breath?" he said looking at me concerned.

"It's Fred. He's awake," I said looking out at the whole family.

They all went silent and George stood up.

"Are you serious?" George asked me.

"Why would I lie about something like this?" I said.

A smile appeared on George's face as he engulfed me in a hug.

"Well lets not all just stand here," Ginny said making George pull away from our hug, "Let's go see him!"

The entire Weasley family followed me to where the infirmary was. When we walked in I looked over to where Fred was and he was sitting up as Madame Pomfrey was wrapping his head. Fred looked over at us and smiled.

George quickly left my side running over to his twin. I smiled as George pulled Fred into a hug. The rest of us walked over to be by Fred's side. Molly quickly pulled her son into a hug.

"Oh, dear, I am so glad you're okay. I thought we had lost you," she said.

"I'm alright Mum," Fred said hugging her back.

Everyone took turns giving Fred a hug. I looked around and everyone had a smile on their faces. We were all very distraught only a few hours ago thinking that we had lost Fred.

"So you're really going to be okay," Ginny asked.

"Madame Pomfrey thinks that I need to get check out at St. Mungos. But from what she could tell I'm going to be perfectly fine," Fred said.

"That is so lovely to hear," Molly said as happy tears filled her eyes.

"So what happened after I was knocked out?" Fred asked.

We all took turns piecing together the story of what happened after we thought Fred had died. We told him about how Neville was brave and stood up to Voldemort and how we thought Harry had died too until his rolled out of Hagrid's arms. We told him of the battle that was fought with the remaining Death Eaters and how Molly had killed Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Wow Mum, you really did that?" Fred asked looking over at her.

"Yes, dear," Molly said smiling at him.

"Wicked. I wish I could have seen it," he said.

We all continued to talk for a while longer just soaking in each others presence.

"We better get you to the hospital, son," Arthur said

George and Arthur helped Fred to his feet. Fred had his arms wrapped around each of their shoulders for support. I smiled at him, just grateful that he was alive.

Were you guys expecting that?! I just couldn't bring myself to kill off Fred!
-A