Chapter 52

I opened my eyes seeing that we were now in the flat. George quickly left my side casting protection charms around the flat.

"George what are you doing? We have to go back and help," I said.

"No. We can't," he said continuing to cast the charms.

"We can't just leave them there," I said, "What about Ginny, you Mum, your Dad. What about Fred."

"They can handle themselves. I needed to get you to safety," he said still walking around the room.

"George!" I yelled making him stop his actions and turn around to look at me.

"We have to go back," I said barley above a whisper as tears filled my eyes.

Georeg walled over to be grabbing both of my hands looking into my eyes.

"We can't go back. I promised Fred that if I saw you without him that I would get you out," he said.

Several Hours Earlier

Freds P.O.V

"Everything seems too calm," I said.

"I know what you mean. Let's just hope that everything goes smooth tonight," George said.

I looked over smiling at Mallorie who was setting up the tables how they were supposed to be. I would do anything for her, anything to protect her and our babies. Things in the world are starting to get worse and I worry about them all the time. Mallorie always fights me when I keep her from battles but she doesn't understand that I am just trying to keep her safe. I don't know what I would do with myself if something happened to any of them.

"George," I said turning to my brother.

"Yes," he said looking at me.

"If something happens tonight at the wedding Malloire cannot stay here," I said.

"What do you mean?" he asked looking at me.

"If something were to happen one of us needs to get Mallorie out," I said turning to look at her.

"Well you're going to be with her. Just apparate her away," George said.

"I know but I probably won't be by her side the whole time. You have to promise me that if you get to her before I do, you will take her and leave," I said turning back to face George.

"Fred-

"No," I said cutting him off, "I need to make sure they are protected. You have to promise me."

"Alright," George said as his face grew soft, "But she's going to be pissed."

"I know but it's the only way to protect her," I said.

George and I made a plan that whoever was by her first would apparate her back to the flat. We would put up protection wards so that if anyone did try to get in it would give us a chance to escape.

Present Time

Mallorie's P.O.V

George had told me the whole conversation that had happened between him and Fred earlier that day. I was so mad at him but I also understood why he didn't want me there. Who knows what was happening to the people who were left. George and I were both sitting on the couch in silence.

"What do you think is happening to them?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," he said.

"I hope they're okay. I hope Fred is okay," I said letting some tears fall from my eyes.