Chapter 14

Hello!
I hope you guys are loving this story! Please remember to vote if you like it. I appreciate every reader so much! 💛
-A

We were now days away from the second task. Cedric had figured out the egg weeks ago but now I was currently in the library trying to help Cedric figure out how he was going to be able to hold his breathe under water for an hour.

"We have been here for hours and still don't have an answer," said Cedric putting his head down on the table.

"Oh, come on Cedric. Think positive thoughts, we'll figure it out eventually," I said flipping through a book I had.

The book I was reading was talking about different charms you could use for different things. I had flipped the page from reading about a charm that was supposed to give you an extra finger when I saw it.

"The bubble head charm!" I said.

"The what?" Cedric asked looking at me.

"Read this page," I said walking over to Cedric handing him the book.

Cedric read over the page for a moment, his eyes moving quickly taking in the information.

"Mal, you're absolutely brilliant!" Cedric said engulfing me in a hug and spinning me around.

"Oh please, I just stumbled across it," I said.

I started gather up the books that Cedric and I had gotten out to do our research.

"Do you know if Harry has figured out the egg yet?" he asked me.

"I don't think so. Hermione has been doing her best to try and help him out but she can only do so much," I said.

"Maybe I should go pay him a visit and drop some hint," he said, "After all, he did warn me about the dragons in the first task."

"That would be nice of you Cedric," I said giving him a smile.

...

It was the night before the first task and I was walking in the corridor with Fred. We had just come from the library because I wanted to finish up some homework so I didn't have to worry about it this weekend.

"Mal," I heard someone say from behind me making me turn around.

"Yeah," I said seeing it was Lee.

"McGonagall is looking for you, says she wants to see you in her office," he said.

"Ooooh, someones in trouble," teased Fred.

"Oh, stop. I'm sure it's nothing," I said, "I'll see you all tomorrow for the task, yeah?"

"Sure thing. George and I are going to be taking bets so we'll probably meet you and Lee at the platform after we're done," said Fred.

"Okay, I'll see you then," I said giving Fred a kiss.

Fred had officially asked me out on January 1st. He had taken me to Hogsmeade for lunch and we had walked around the shops all day. Later that night we were cuddling in his dorm, Fred had kicked George and Lee out so that we could continue to have alone time together. We were laying on the bed talking about random stuff and he asked me. I of course said yes, Fred made me happy and I already knew I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him.

I had arrived at McGonagalls office. When I entered I saw Hermione, Ron, and a girl from Beauxbatons sitting in chairs. I believed that girl was Fleurs sister.