Chapter 27

Fred and I had been laying on the bed for awhile now. He was laying on his back with his arm around me and I was laying on his chest. I had cried all my tears out at this point.

"I told them I wouldn't go. I don't want to leave you guys. I don't want to lose you," I said weakly.

"You're not going to lose me, love," Fred said rubbing my arm, "We'll make it work. I'll write to you everyday."

I sat up on the bed looking at Fred.

"I'm not going," I said.

"Mal, they're your parents," Fred said sitting up and leaning against the head board.

"I don't care. I'm not leaving you all. Especially not with everything that's been happening," I said looking at Fred like he was crazy.

Fred sighed.

"You can't possibly be on their side!" I exclaimed.

"It's not that I want you to leave Mal," Fred said putting his hand in my leg, "I love you and I just want you to be safe. You'll be safe in America."

"I don't want to be safe if that means leaving you," I said, it barley coming out a whisper.

Fred pulled me into a hug and held me. The door opened and I looked over to see my parents but turned away from them.

"Fred, could we have a moment alone with Mallorie?" my Mum said.

Fred shook his head before squeezing my hand and getting off the bed to exit the room.

"Mallorie," my Dad said.

"I'm not going. I already told you both that," I said coldly glaring at them.

"Will you just listen to us?" my mom said.

I turned and looked down at my hand twiddling them together. My parents came and sat on either side of me.

"We'll be leaving this evening for America," my mum said, "We just don't have the heart to fight in another war and we don't want to see you get hurt."

"You're hurting me more by making me leave than I ever will in a war," I said.

My mother sighed.

"We talked to Arthur and Molly and told them our plans and where we'd be staying," my Dad said, "But we also talked to them about you staying."

I looked up quickly at my Dad to see if he was telling the truth.

"Are you serious?" I asked looking between the both of them.

My mum shook her head.

"You'll be staying with the Weasleys until you see fit to move out. You're mother and I are still going to America but we know how important it is for you to stay," my Dad said.

I hugged him with such force that I almost knocked him over.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I said.

"But you have to promise us something," my Mum said.

"Anything," I said looking at her.

"You must do everything in your power to stay safe. These are dangerous times this world is facing, you must take it seriously and stay vigilant," my Mother said.

"I will, promise," I said pulling her into a hug.

"We better get going, Brooke," my Father said.

I got up with my parents following them down the stair. All of the Weasleys were standing at the bottom of the steps waiting for us. All of the Weasley children had a sad look on their face but Fred's was the worse.

"I get to stay!" I yelled putting a smile on my face.

All of their expressions turned happy. Fred attacked me with a hug, each of his sibling following in suit.

"We'll take good care of her," Arthur said to my Mum and Dad.

"We know you will," my Dad said warping his arm around my Mums shoulders.

I walked over to my parents to say goodbye to them before they left.

"Remember what we told you," my Mother said.

"I remember," I said smiling at both of them, "Thank you so much for letting me stay. You don't know how much this means to me."

"Trust me, we know sweetie or we wouldn't let you stay," my Dad said.

I engulfed my parents into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you," I said.

"We're going to miss you too," my Mother said.

I pulled away from them as the looked down at me.

"We better go," my Dad said.

Fred and I were now laying back in bed. After my parents left we came up here to try and get some alone time.

"Were you really gonna let me go to America?" I asked looking up at Fred.

"In all honesty, no," Fred said with a slight laugh.

"They why did you pretend like you wanted me to go?" I asked.

"Because I thought it would be easier on you if you thought I wanted you to go," he said, "I wasn't lying when I said I wanted you to be safe."

...

The Holidays were now over and we were back at Hogwarts. I was glad to be back since merely a few weeks ago I didn't think I'm be coming back at all. My parents had sent me an owl when they got settled in America. I understood why they wanted to leave England but I was going to miss them.

Fred, George, Lee, and I were heading down to breakfast before class. Lee was telling the twins a joke making them laugh as we entered the hall. I looked over to see Neville with a scared look on his face.

"You alright Neville?" I asked him.

He just looked up at me slightly shaking his head while handing me the paper.

"Mass Breakout From Azkaban," I read out loud so that the twins and Lee could hear, "The Minister heads confirmed that ten high-security prisoners, in the early hours of yesterday evening did escape. And of course the Muggle Prime Minister has been alerted to the danger. We strongly suspect that the breakout was engineered by a man with personal experience of escaping Azkaban, notorious mass murderer, Sirius Black. Who is cousin of escapee Belatrix Lestrange..."

I sat the paper down looking at Neville.

"It's going to be alright Neville," I said putting my hand on his shoulder.

Neville just shook his head and went back to eating. We all went to sit in our usually spot to eat.

"Poor Neville, did you see his face," I said glancing over at him.

"Well what do you expect?" George said.

"That woman did torcher his parents," Fred whispered so no one but us could hear.

"Things are starting to get worse," Lee said.

The trio walked into the hall.

"Harry?" Seamus said standing from the table, "I uh, I wanted to apologize. Now even me Mum says The Prophets version of things doesn't add up. So, what I'm really trying to say is that I believe you."

"At least people are starting to realize the truth, I said.