CHAPTER 35

NAMKYU'S POV

"But HM Group will warmly welcome Chae Group as part of the Family" Mrs. Hwang said looking at Hyungwon.

"Please let me invite you here on stage Mr. Chae" Mrs. Hwang said smiling at Hyungwon.

Hyungwon gave me a look "I've already talk with my dad about this" He mouthed at me before standing up from his seat and getting up on the stage greeting Mrs. Hwang.

"This is Chae Hyungwon, all of you must not know him since he's also away abroad just like our Mihye. Hyungwon is the only son of Mr. Chae of ChaeS Company. Their company haven't announced this yet but Hyungwon will be the successor of ChaeS Company. Yes he's a part of chaebols but I warmly welcome him as part of the family" Mrs. Hwang announced.

"Why are they announcing something about Hyungwon in this event?" I whispered to Minhyuk.

"We all know that HM Group was led by all men before and I was the first ever. I want her to be more successful in her life and I want her to marry a man who can help her with that, so that's why Mr. Chae Hyungwon is here" Mrs. Hwang said but Hyungwon isn't reacting at all.

"So he's been engaged this whole time?" I asked Minhyuk.

"That's also another reason why Mr. Chae wants him to take over ChaeS" Minhyuk explained.

"Namkyu, Hyungwon wants you to know that everything is settled and he'll explain everything to you later" Changkyun said through the ear piece.

"Mr. Chae Hyungwon can you please join us here upstage" Mrs. Hwang invited Hyungwon. Hyungwon glance at me for a second before making his way upstage to greet Mrs. Hwang and Mihye politely.

"You okay?" Minhyuk lean closer to me whispering. I gave him a look and nodded my head.

"Why wouldn't I?" I asked him back.

"You know Hyungwon and you are---"

"We're just working together, nothing more" I said as I took a sip on a glass of water.

"Aren't you two fuck buddies?" Minhyuk asked making my choke on my water. My eyes grew big and look at Minhyuk with a shocked face.

"Excuse me for a second" I said as I stood up from my seat.

"You sure you're okay?" Minhyuk asked one more time.

"Yeah, I just need to head to the restroom" I responded.

"Want me to accompany you??" Minhyuk asked. I just gave him a smile and shake my head no before making my way towards the restroom.

"Changkyun can you hack their CCTV?" I asked Changkyun through the earpiece.

"You know I can do everything" Changkyun proudly response.

"Okay can you describe the target once again" I told Changkyun and he did describe the man we're keeping our eye on.

"Wa-wait don't tell me you're going to make a move all by yourself?" Changkyun asked through the earpiece.

"Hmmm... Maybe, just inform Minh----oh shit" I was cut off when I accidentally bumped into someone that made me fall on the ground.

I didn't get up as soon as possible since I'm trying to read the situation if I should pull out the pocket knife that Hyungwon gave me earlier.

"I'm so sorry miss, are you alright?" A man asked as he helped me to stand up. I look up at him but he's not the guy we're looking for.