Growing Family

This shit is scary as fuck. The doctor hasn't come back in and it's been hours. The room has been silent because Kiera fell asleep. I've been sitting on the couch overthinking if she is pregnant.

Finally the doctor came back and brought the ultrasound to us since it's hard for Kiera to move.

"The jelly is going to be cold so be prepared" the nurse lifted her shirt and put the jelly on her. Kiera squalled from the temperature and we all chuckled.

She put the things that gives us access to sees if she is pregnant and slowly moved it around. Me and Kiera were intensely looking at the Monitor, and a few seconds later we both gasped.

"Well there the little baby is. Congratulations you guys" both speechless and shocked we didn't say anything. She told us how far along Kiera was. And to match Kiera story she was just a few weeks.

It's now late at night. Neither of us had said anything about well I guess our baby. That was until.

"I don't want it" she blurted.

"What?" I questioned

"I don't want the baby. We can't have the baby. You are a..." She stoped and mouthed the words 'Mafia leader' and I don't want the baby to grow up in that environment-"

"I'll quit" I interrupted her really wanting a baby with her. Having our own family together.

"It's not just that. We are still so young and trying to figure out life. We can't even afford a baby, Because I'm not using dirty money on my baby" she continued.

I let out a sigh and pulled her into my arms carefully and rested my head on hers.

"Okay baby what ever you want." I kissed the top of her head "we can tell the nurse and doctor in the morning."

"Thank you" she said with a sigh of relief

"Why are you thanking me"

"For understanding I was scared you were going to force to have the baby"

"Never" was the last thing said before we fell asleep soon after.

The nurse came In to check in on Kiera the next morning and she told her she wanted an abortion. The nurse looked disappointed I'm pretty sure she was excited to go along the Journey with us but now can't.

They said it will be a while till they can take her back to abort the baby. I don't think this help Kiera at all.

She was over thinking everything. She even forced me to write out a pros and cons list for her.

She forced herself to stop overthinking and just follow through.

"But what if this is a bad idea what if I get trans for it like what if we talk to one of those people that talk to dead people and they tell us our baby is mad at us for this and he she I don't fucking know haunts us" she ranted.

"Baby listen if you want the baby keep it if you feel you aren't ready then don't. Just because I want the baby dosent mean you have to have it I'm not the one carrying it or pushing it out. It's okay and our baby isn't going to haunt us" I laughed kissing the top of her head.

And just then the nurse can in with a cart.
"Okay Ms.Miller you ready" she nodded and hummed

I went to hold her hand and she squeezed my had a little bit. "Wait wait... Billie go to the hall I know you want the baby I don't want you here I don't want it to upset you."

"But it's-"

"I know I know just please I'm going to feel guilty" I kissed the top of her head and walked out.

I had been in the hall for about 5 minutes and the nurse rushed out in a slight panic telling me to go back into the room.

I ran back in and Kiera was crying with her hands on her stomach.

"I can't I can't Billie."

I tried my best to hug her and calm her down.

"You can't what baby" I asked

"I would feel so guilty" she cried between sobs.

"What do you mean" I further asked

She calmed herself down and whipped her nose and eyes before continuing.

" I see everyone regretting getting abortion and crying in there kids would have been birthday. In the next 16 years I don't want to do that and plus you want the baby" she ranted

"But are you ready. Like I said earlier I may want the baby but I'm not the one having the baby so it's not my choice."

She nodded her head in under standing.

"I'll have 9 months to prepare so I'll be fine"

Well that's what we thought.