•Chapter 44•

Damien wasn't where he was when I got to the garden. I couldn't believe I had just did that. It wasn't my fault but it was at the same time. I hadn't pulled back. And Damien had been so nice to me. It made me feel sick to my stomach. I scanned the expanse of tulips and vines until I spotted him sitting next to the painted roses. I had remembered how lighthearted Damien was acting.

Dammit Jess, you bitch.

I tried to sneak up on him, but he saw me once I was a few feet away. He went to stand up, but I stopped him from running away.

"Damien, I-"

"Don't," he shook his head, a fake smile plastered on his face. "I knew it would happen. I mean, me and you...it would never happen. You and Logan are inseparable. You're the actress and the prince."

"Damien, stop," I felt my stomach churn. "I'm sorry. He just kissed me and-"

"And you kissed back," Damien met my eyes. "I get it, Jess. We're friends. Nothing more, right?"

He stopped me from saying anything else, even though I wanted to. God, I wanted to. But what could I say? I didn't love Damien, right? We were just friends.

Damien simply nodded, expecting my silence, and walked back to the doors of the palace.

...

"Ooooooh! Conflict! I LOVE IT!" Alissa screeched through the phone. "The climax has arrived! The story is almost over."

"Liss, I'm not in a teen novel," I rolled my eyes and looked at the ceiling. "And it's not over. I have so much shit unresolved but I'm leaving tomorrow."

"It'll resolve itself, Jessie," Liss' tone changed. Softened. She was crazy most of the time, but then she could be so comforting. "Promise."

"I guess we'll find out eventually, huh?"

***

Really short, I know.

But this is a filler chapter.

And I have no time to write this week.

Next week though? Yeah I'll update more.

BUT GUYS THIS IS ALMOST FINISHED AND OVER WUT.

Also I made a new cover do you like it?