•Chapter 8•

He took my hand and led me to the ticket line. I felt giddy. I had never once gone to the zoo in my entire life. My father had promised to take me one day, but that was before he left me and my mom. "I've never been to the zoo before," I said as we walked through the main entrance.

Logan stopped walking and looked at me like I ha totally missed out on childhood. "You totally missed out on childhood," he shook his head. "How have you never been to the zoo? I thought everyone had gone to the zoo. It's like a childhood thing, right?"

I shrugged and started to walk again, causing him to follow. I stopped at every animal cage. I had never seen any of those animals out of the pictures in biology books. Zebras. Lions. Tigers. Bears. Oh, my. Then we came across the giraffes. You could feed then.

"Oh, my God," I squealed. "You can feed them!"

Logan laughed at my excitement and paid for giraffe food. He put some in my hand. I reached for the giraffe and it came over and licked the food up with its tongue. I felt Logan right behind me, his chest up against my back. His heart was racing. So was mine. I turned around, him still close to me. Our faces were so close together that I could feel his breath on my face.

"Um," I mumbled, not being able to say anything due to the fact that a cute guy was pressed up against me with giraffes behind us.

He hesitated and backed away. "Uh, right," he clears his throat. "Ah, do you want to see the pandas?"

Pandas changed the mood entirely.

"Oh, my GOD," I screamed. "I FREAKING LOVE PANDAS!"

So we went to see the pandas. The entire time I was watching the pandas, I felt Logan's hand touching mine on the barred fence blocking us from the pandas. He wasn't holding my hand exactly, but it was like he was trying to ask my permission.

Near the end of the day, we went I get hotdogs. It was honestly the best hotdog I had ever tasted in all of my years.

"This is honestly the best hotdog I have ever tasted in all of my years," I pointed out.

Logan nodded, seeming a but nervous for some reason. I swallowed my last bite of my hotdog and furrowed my eyebrows at him. "Hey, what's wrong?"

He just shook his head.

"Logan," I said quietly, using my hand to lift his was to face me. "What's wrong? Why are you acting weird?"

"I'm nervous," he said.

"Why are you nervous?" I felt a little relieved that he hadn't lost his ability to talk. I was starting to get worried.

"Because I'm about to ask you something," he replied. "And I don't know what your answer will be. I mean, we just met a couple days ago and-"

"Logan," I looked him in the eyes again. "Just ask me whatever it is you need to ask me."

"I know I asked you a version of this question the other night," he sighed. "But. Um. Okay. Uh, do you...I mean, would you... Do you maybe want to...be my girlfriend?"

I didn't hesitate. Not even a second.

"Yes," I said, grinning like an idiot. "Yeah, I'd like that."

Logan sighed a breath a relief. "Wow, uh, cool. Well, I guess we're dating now."

"I guess we are," I smiled at him. He smiled back.

Just then, a Distant Melody song came on over the loudspeakers.

"Shit, I love this song," I mumbled, slightly embarrassed.

"Really?" Logan got up with me and threw out trash away. "I do, too."

"What?" I nearly choked on my saliva.

"What?" He asked.

"You like Distant Melody?"

"Their music is my guilty pleasure," he shrugged. "But now that I know you like them too I don't feel so bad."

"I don't know," I smirked. "Guys who like Distant Melody can be fruity."

"Hey," he said fakely offended. "You're mean to me."

"Nah."

"You know, now that we're dating," he said. "You're supposed to me nice to me."

"And what if I'm not nice to you?" I asked, both of us stopping. "What happens then?"

Our bodies were close again. I could hear his heart rate quicken. Was he as nervous as I was?

"I'd still stay with you," he mumbled, his voice sending chills down my spine. "But it'd be a pretty fucked up relationship."

I rested my hands on his shoulders. "Then I guess I won't be mean to you."

"I guess not," he replied.

I let my hands fall to my sides and backed up a step. I was falling for him too fast. And maybe I was going too fast by letting him be my boyfriend. But I sure as hell wasn't going to let him go. Not yet. He had something that most guys didn't. I didn't know what it was I but he was different somehow. I needed to find out what it was.

***

These chapters are relatively short.

But they're good right?

Oh well.

If they're not then screw it. I don't care.

Okay bye.