•Chapter 1•

I'm never me. I guess what I'm saying is that I never act like myself in public. I act. I literally act. One day I'll walk around like a common white girl. Another day I'll walk around like a goth. I need college credits. It's called Act 1: Scene Life. Only two people are doing the challenge. I'm the only one that's actually good at acting.

I go to clubs every night. As in, a different character goes to clubs every night. Usually some guy starts hitting on me and according to my character, I react. It never gets too far. If the guy shows signs of wanting to "get some", I make up some excuse to leave.

The night that changed everything I was dressed like a nerd, complete with laptop and glasses. Although, this wasn't much of a character considering my laptop is pretty much my true love and I actually do wear glasses. As soon as I walked in with jeans and a button-up plaid shirt, people were staring at me. I bit my lip and tucked a stray hair behind my hair. This was also a reaction I always had. I had layers in my hair, hence my ponytails were to be forever impossible to stay together.

I found a seat in the lounge area and sat down, opening my laptop. I had been writing a book for the past year, an I had been putting off writing the last couple chapters for months. Writers block. Not fun.

After about an hour and a half of staring at the blank sheet on Microsoft Word 2010, I felt the cushioned seat sink down next to me. Who would be hitting on me? I had dressed like that on purpose. I needed to write. I nervously bit my lip and tucked the stubborn strand of hair back behind my ear. Other than the fact that I looked out of place, I barely ever stood out in real life. I had jet black hair and a pretty average face. Straight nose. Average teeth. The only thing I liked about myself were my eyes. They were a splash of blue, green, brown, and a bit of yellow around the iris.

"Whatcha doing?" A male's voice said from beside me.

Don't panic, Jess. It's only an Australian accent.

"Um, writing," I squeaked, my voice barely audible over the loud thumping music of some new overplayed pop song.

"Cool," his body moved closer. I felt his knee touch mine. I tensed up and it wasn't my character. Australian accents were my weakness. "What about?"

"Uh, not to be, um, rude, but," my voice shook from nervousness. "Why are you talking to me?"

"You're the only person on here that isn't either showing things that shouldn't be shown or grinding on someone who is showing things that shouldn't be shown."

Jesus, he's even somewhat intelligent.

"Is that a good thing?" I finally forced myself to look at him. He was hot. Like, really hot. Dimples. There was my other weakness.

"Wow," he said.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "What?"

"You're beautiful."

"Did you just steal that from The Fault in Our Stars?" I replied, honestly not knowing how the perfect guy could be sitting right next to me.

He smirked, but blushed a little, "Uh, yeah. Sorry."

"No, you're fine," I smiled.

He glanced at my left arm covered in different bracelets. I had been collecting them for a while. "Is that a Tangled bracelet?"

Mother of God. He likes Disney movies.

"Um, yeah," I could barely hold in a squeal. I couldn't act myself. I had to act shy when in reality I wanted to ask for his number.

"Logan!" Another Aussie ran up to the now named perfect human being.

"What's up, Ollie?" Logan seemed kind of pissed at Ollie for interrupting our awkward conversation. Ollie glanced at me and raised his eyebrows at Logan.

"We're leaving, mate," Ollie motioned for Logan to come on. Logan nodded and looked at me.

"What's your name?" He asked.

Don't tell him your real name.

"Jess," I replied. I shouldn't have told him my real name, but I felt obliged to not lie to him. He smiled, his dimples making me want to melt.

"Well, Jess," he held out his hand. "Hope to see you again?"

I took his hand and felt a burst of electricity from his warm and sweaty fingers. I nodded, not being able to say much of anything. Once he left, I smiled so wide my face hurt. I shut my laptop and walked out to my car, humming and feeling giddy for the first time in forever.

...

So this was a random idea that's been circling in my head for a while. I just never actually gave it any thought.

So tell me what you think!

Byyee