•Chapter 5•

Act like you don't know him.

"Do I know you?" I asked.

"Um, Jess, I know that's you," Logan was too smart to fool. I looked around and grabbed his arm. "What are you...?" I shushed him and dragged him to my car. After we both got in, I didn't know what to say. For a silent few minutes I stared at my nails against the steering wheel.

"I can explain why I look like a whore," I said, still staring at the steering wheel. "But you have to promise not to tell anyone. Please."

I looked at him. He didn't looked phased. "Okay."

"I'm studying to be an actress in college." I took a deep breath. "And there's this program that says if you act like different people at different places and you keep doing all of the examples on the list, that you'll get a free pass to one of the best acting schools in the country."

I bit my lip and looked at Logan again.

"That's fucking cool," he grinned like an idiot.

I grinned like an idiot, too. "It's pretty fucking cool."

"So, uh," he quickly changed the subject. "Nice car."

"Thanks but you don't have to small talk me," I unlocked the door. "You can leave."

He shrugged, "Nah. I like talking to you."

"Really?" I felt my cheeks get hot. "Guys don't really talk to me. Except for my gay friend, Freddie."

"Who wouldn't want to talk to to?" He paused for a minute. "Can I ask you a question?"

"You just did," I pointed out.

He rolled his eyes and laughed, "You know what I mean."

"Sure."

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

I'm going to have a heart attack. Right now.

"Nope."

"Do you...want a boyfriend?"

"Depends on who it would be," I sat on my hands to make sure they wouldn't shake.

"Would you go on a date with me?"

Like I had to think about that one.

"Yes," I smiled and nodded. "Yeah."

He grinned like an idiot again. "Okay, uh, do you want my number?"

"Yeah, sure," I handed him my phone. He handed me his. We typed in numbers. And then he left.

I dialed Alissa's number.

"Hey Jess -"

"I HAVE A DATE WITH AN AUSTRALIAN CUPCAKE!"

***

An Australian cupcake.

Yup.

Seems legit.

Okay bye.