•Chapter 11•

I never thought I would be in the situation of staring at my window waiting for a boy to climb through it so we could discuss Distant Melody. My heart was still pounding. I averted my attention to my phone. Has anyone texted me? No, course not, I'm not popular. I heard noise from the window. Logan thumped onto the floor with a groan.

"I regret that," he mumbled. After stumbling to his feet he plopped down on my bed next to me. "So when is this concert?"

"Like, a month," I leaned back on my elbows, Logan copying me. He nodded and looked out my window. He was thinking about something. "What's going on in that brain of yours?"

"I was just thinking..." he trailed off.

"Of...?"

He turned to me and smirked. "Of how long it would take for me to have you fall in love with me."

Don't die, Jess, don't die.

"Oh, really?" I nodded and looked out the window as well. "That's nice."

"I mean, a month isn't that long," he continued. Every time he talked I melted a little. I could listen to his voice all day and I wouldn't ever get sick of it. "But at the same time, it is. You know?"

"Uh-huh," I said, a bit dazed from his Austrailian-ness. "So what were you telling my mom about this morning?"

"Eh, nothing much," he seemed to be grateful for the subject change. "Just how about one time me as Oliver accidentally led a hoard of chickens into the kitchen."

I gaped at him. "No chiz, really? Please tell the whole story."

"Alright," he smiled at the memory. He must have had an amazing childhood. "Oliver and I were told to go outside and play. Like any other little kids we were bored within five minutes. There used to be this old man with his chickens - he's dead and gone now - in the corner of our huge garden. So it was my bright idea to sneak into the coop and chase the chickens."

"I would've thought it was Oliver's bright idea," I stated.

"Believe it or not Oliver used to be a total goody goody," Logan took a moment to ruffle up his hair. I swooned internally. He must have done that on purpose. "So we chase these chickens into the kitchen, which caused the cook to start cursing in some forgotten language."

"You had your own cook?" I asked, thinking about my assumptions of him being filthy rich.

Logan looked a little taken aback. He looked like he hadn't meant to say that. But he quickly shook it off. "Yeah, my parents work for some company," he shrugged and lay down on my bed. I did the same. I could tell he was lying.

"This is nice," I said quietly after a few minutes if comfortable silence.

"Yeah," Logan agreed.

I moved my left hand to the space between Logan and I, hoping he would get the message and hold my hand.

"Have you ever kissed anyone, Jess?"

My cheeks got hot, "No. My lips are virgins."

He laughed, "That's new. I'll have to use that."

I turned my head to face him.

"You've never kissed anyone either?"

"Nope," he shrugged. "I guess I never gave it much thought until now."

"What's so different about now?"

He turned his head to face me.

"You."

***

Oh snap.

So do you think they're gonna kiss?

I guess you'll find out soon enough, huh?

I did a double update because I totally forgot to do so on Tuesday.

Okay byeee.