[PIN HAWTHORNE DRABBLE]

Prompts: D4. Picnic and D8. Forest

Word count: 412

"Pin, where are we going exactly?" you called after your boyfriend as he rode among the trees.

"You'll see," he called back, turning left. He smiled to himself, the girls had helped him to arrange a romantic picnic for you. You had been working so hard for the entire week at the stables, and everyone thought that you needed a relaxation. Becky and Jade had come up with a picnic, and being among your best friends, they knew exactly what your favorite treats were and shopped them for Pin as he had helped you with your chores. Next morning, he had told you that you need a day off despite your protests, and asked you for a ride with him, saying that "he needs time with his girlfriend".

It was perfect weather for an outdoor lunch. The sun shone down through the leaves of the trees, casting shadows across your faces. A gentle breeze rustled in the branches overhead, and you finally reached the glade and Pin unmounted Elvis, coming to you to help you down from Jigsy. Not that you needed help, but Pin wanted to be a gentleman. Pin looked towards the glade, and you followed his gaze. In the middle of it, there sat a large basket on a plaid blanket with a portable stereo sitting beside it. Fairy lights and flowers were scattered around the blanket too. It must have taken a while to set up.

You stared at the sight. "Pin... did you do all this for... me?"

"I got a little help. We all think you deserve a moment of relaxation." Pin shrugged. "Becky and Jade came up with a picnic, and I found this place and thought that this could be the perfect place for a picnic date." he smiled, taking your hand and nodding towards the blanket.

You squeezed his hand in yours, and you walked to the blanket together, sitting down and opening the casket. You took out the sandwiches, cupcakes and a bottle of juice, Pin looking at you the entire time with a smile on his face.

He'd do anything for you if it meant that he'd see you smile. Moments like this reminded him of the time when you had just met. He had tried to keep himself from falling for you, being so sure that you'd fall for anyone else and he wouldn't have a chance, but there you were now, years later. Your smile reserved only for him.