[PIN HAWTHORNE DRABBLE]

Prompts: A52. "Did you just smile?" and B84. "Thank you for being there for me."

Word count: 623

A/N: I published all my Pin pieces on this book when I made this but most of them disappeared. Fml.

"Hey Y/N!" Becky exclaimed as she walked by you with Jade and Zoe. You didn't answer, just laid them a glare. "Woah. Storm clouds in sight."

"Don't bother. They've been sulking the whole day. Mia told them that the only good thing they're good at is shoveling horse poo." Pin sighed as he appeared from the barn and continued sorting the haystacks. "I've tried to cheer them up ever since, but they won't talk to me."

"Y/N, Mia is like that to everyone if she's having a bad day." Zoe sighed as she sat by you. "It's nothing personal. Please don't be like that to Pin, he cares about you."

You didn't answer to her either, and the girl sighed, standing up again. "Well, good luck with this one, Pin. I have to go home now."

She and the girls left the scene, leaving you and Pin in total silence for several minutes.

"You're cute when you're angry." Pin chuckled suddenly. "Really fits the weather.

Your lips quirked involuntarily up at that, secretly you had always loved it when he called you cute. Though it definitely didn't help your hidden feelings towards him.

"Did you just smile?" Pin grinned, seeing a glimpse of your face as he went behind you to grab another pale of hay.

"No," you said quickly with a blush. "No. I'm still mad." You looked back out over your shoulder, feeling his eyes on you again.

"Well, at least you seemed to find your tongue." he smirked. "About time."

You nodded slightly, turning your gaze back to the field. The sun was setting behind the trees now, casting long shadows across the fields. It would be dark soon; you needed to get home before it got too late. Pin took in a deep breath when he finished moving the haystacks, and you turned towards him.

"Can we go home now?" you asked.

Pin nodded slowly as he followed you towards the road leading out from the stables. It had been a beautiful day at the morning, so you had decided to walk to the stables - which wasn't the best choice when you looked at the weather now. You walked side-by-side through the gathering darkness, your feet crunching lightly along the gravel path. You were silent for several minutes after leaving the field, walking together under the trees. You felt your anger melting away and it being replaced by embarrassment. It was stupid to hold silent treatment at everyone just because Mia had been an ass towards you.

Pin seemed to notice your anger subsiding, and he took a hold of your hand and squeezed briefly, and you noticed that you had gotten to the front yard of your home.

"Good night, Y/N." he quietly said, and you offered him a slight smile before watching him disappear into the night.

The next day, you were sitting on the fence, watching as some new kids at the stable were about to start their first riding lesson. You felt awful about how you had treated everyone yesterday, and had tried to apologize to everyone. Fortunately, everyone had understood because Mia knew how to ruin a day, even though she also kind of apologized to you for snapping at you like that when she had seen you walking across the yard. At least apologized as well as she could apologize.

"Better day?" Pin asked as he hopped to sit beside you. You smiled at him.

"Yeah. Thank you for being there for me, Pin. Even when I might be childish sometimes." you said as you nuzzled your cheek against his shoulder, and he wrapped his arm around you, smiling slightly as you watched the new kids having their training lesson together.