[PIN HAWTHORNE DRABBLE]

Prompt: G2. Whispering something to the other's ear

Word count: 525

The Island Tournament had just gone by, and now Mia had gathered the whole Bright Fields gang to announce something.

"I've decided to make some changes to the Nationals team, since Y/N..." Mia laid a death glare at you and you scoffed, "has decided to move their camp to support the enemy, I've had no choice but replace them with Susie in Nationals."

Silence ensued, everyone was clearly shocked. You were one of the best riders in Bright Fields, and everyone knew that Mia replacing you with Susie would basically mean that Bright Fields would lose. Pin had come to stand beside you, frowning at Mia's pettiness too.

But after the whole gang had been quiet for a solid minute, just staring at Mia, you shrugged. "Great. So done with trying to embarrass me?"

People blinked at you now, shocked how calmly you took the news, and the way how Mia had decided to announce it. In front of everyone, just after the Island Tournament. She really had hoped you to lash out, tried to push your buttons. She tried to push you down to seem mature herself, being the calm and constructive one, getting to accuse you for being childish. But instead, you had taken the news very calmly and even looked bored.

Of course you secretly felt bad about not being able to participate in Nationals, but at this point, you felt the same way as Pin did - you didn't even want to ride for a bitch like Mia was, she would surely try to take the whole glory if you ended up winning anyway. You weren't surprised about this, nor you had strength to flip out about it. Even if it had cost you months of tireless training.

Mia scowled at you before raising her chin slightly. "You can go away with your boyfriend now, join the Holloway team like he did. Betray your team like he did." She turned away, marching away and Pin came to stand in front of you, taking your hand and leading you away.

"Are you okay?" he asked after you stopped by the bench, and you nodded.

"I'm fine. It's not my fault Mia is like that," you sighed and pinched your lips together. You sat down with Pin, and you leaned your head against his shoulder. You felt his lips and nose on the top of your head, and you closed your eyes, enjoying the closeness with him. After a moment, you retreated from him, but leaned right back in, wrapping your arms around his neck and burying your face into his neck. You inhaled his scent, before lifting your head and whispering to his ear, "Thank you for always being there for me."

Pin smiled softly, rubbing your back. "I will always be here, for you. No matter what." He retreated away from you slightly, but still looked at you with so much love and softness that it made your heart flutter the same way how it did when you first met him. The memory made you smile. Pin would always be there for you, just like he had been from the start.