CARAMEL CLOUDS [PIN HAWTHORNE]

Summary: Y/N's cousin Zoe arrives on the island, and soon the Pony Squad is shipping Y/N with the stable boy who she's head over heels for.

Pairing: Pin Hawthorne x fem!reader

Characters: Y/N (female), Pin Hawthorne, Zoe Phillips, Becky Sidebottom and Jade

Word count: 1.3k

When your cousin had appeared on the island, it had been a pleasant surprise. She had just appeared on your grandpa's porch, and you had screamed upon seeing each other - you had always felt like sisters with Zoe, even though you were cousins. You had helped her unpack and dragged her with you to the stables, introducing her around, especially your best friend Pin.

Zoe had befriended Jade and Becky in just two days, and apparently they had told Zoe about your lingering looks with Pin and she had observed the interaction between the two of you too, noticing the same thing. You definitely had something going on, and that day, she just marched up into your room.

"You like him," Zoe wiggled her eyebrows at you as she plopped on your bed, making you look up at her shyly, feeling the blood rushing up to your cheeks.

"Who? I- I don't know what do you mean. I- I don't like anyone at the moment. Not romantically at least. Or... yeah, I, uh..." your voice died down as you laid your gaze back to your book. Zoe threw her head back, her curly hair bouncing around as she laughed.

"Oh my god, Y/N. You couldn't be more obvious. It's cute." She patted your knee before leaning back on her hands. "C'mon. Tell me everything. It's been a while we've gushed about boys anyway."

You groaned and rolled your eyes. "But I'm not crushing on him, I'm not crushing on Pin!" Your face felt even hotter when she giggled again - you realised she never said that it's Pin she's talking about. "At least I think you're talking about Pin because you see we're friends. He's my best friend, Zoe, dating him? It's disgust- or I mean-"

Zoe cut in with another laugh. "Aw, I've missed seeing you all flushed for a boy. You and Pin would be so cute together, c'mon. Admit it. You know you can't lie to me." Her teasing made your stomach flutter at the thought of you and Pin, cheesily riding into the sunset, him taking your hand as you'd watch the sun descend beneath the horizon, you'd look into his blue eyes, your lips would part as he would close the distance...

You had been daydreaming about such situations ever since you met him. Waking up next to him, seeing only his messy hair at first as he'd pepper your face in kisses. The way his arms would wrap around you, how soft they would be against you skin, holding you tight as he'd kiss you softly once more as you would properly wake up. How the world would feel like it slowed down as you'd cup his cheek and deepen the kiss. And when you would finally part, you'd giggle and he'd tell you how beautiful you were. You could go on forever thinking about this fantasy world where things went smoothly between you two but reality always came crashing back to remind you just how impossible it really is. That maybe one day, if fate smiled upon you, then perhaps you might find someone who fit perfectly into your life like that. Like Pin would. But it wouldn't be him. But maybe it would be someone else-

You snapped back to reality and caught yourself having a big grin on your face, which you immediately forced to disappear. But for Zoe, your behavior was overly obvious and you knew you wouldn't be able to save it anymore, so you decided that it's better to just confess.

"Alright, I might crush on him. A little bit. It's nothing major, and Pin doesn't feel the same way." you swallowed at the last part, your lips turning downwards. Zoe's own grin turned into a frown.

"Oh. Does he have someone?" she asked, and you shook your head.

"No, but do you really think that a guy like him would stay as a single for very long? His looks alone are a girl magnet." you sighed. "It's better to just forget about him."

Zoe sighed, pushing herself up again and looking at you. "He's a fool if he sees anyone else but you," she told you, and with that, she exited your room, leaving you sit there with your heart thumping and hot face.

Weeks after that, the Pony Squad had turned into a Shipping Squad, trying to come up with ways so you and Pin could get some alone time. Becky was overly excited about a chance of romance at the stables, making you anxious about Pin noticing what was going on. You'd never recover from the shame if he ever caught you talking about your crush on him.

He hadn't caught you, at least not yet. But one day, he came to your horse's stable, awkwardly rolling his helmet in his hands. You turned to look at him, smiling as you saw him.

"Hi," you said quietly, brushing Pixie. "Are you going on a ride?"

Pin glanced down at his helmet and nodded, leaning against the stall door. "I was wondering if you would want to come with me?" he offered, and you looked surprised by his question.

"O-of course! Let me finish grooming her, okay? And I'll make her ready. Then I will meet you outside?" you suggested, trying to remain calm. Despite you being reluctant with the Squad's attempts to get you two together, their attempts had made you a little more nervous than usual with Pin, seeking for his company more. And it felt like he behaved the same way.

He gave you a smile and nodded. "Sure." With that, he left, and you finished brushing and saddling up Pixie, giving her a few extra strokes before heading out to join him. Pin sat on Elvis just behind the stables, and you could see your cousin, Jade and Becky from the corner of your eye, watching you. They had most likely told Pin to come ask you out for a ride, but to be honest, you were glad they had done that. If this would lead to something bigger, you didn't mind at all.

You rode up beside Pin, and he smiled at you again. That damn smile that made your heart flutter far more than it had fluttered before Zoe came and hyped your and Pin's cuteness up. You offered him a smile too, and he nodded towards the trail leading to the forest.

The trees were lush green, covered in leaves that shimmered in the sunlight, creating a dreamy atmosphere. Birds chirped happily above you, occasionally flying past you as you rode along the path, listening to the sound of the wind rustling through the grass. It so was peaceful here, and the setting was somewhat romantic too. You were reminded about some movie where the prince had met the woman he were to marry at the end of the movie while riding in the forest.

As you were riding forward, your gaze looking around the beautiful path and glancing over at Pin at times with a wide smile, you missed the looks Pin gave you when you weren't looking. The fond, soft looks as he let himself dream a little of how life would be if you were his girlfriend.

The Squad had noticed those looks when you left the stables, and they had showed thumbs up to each other when they became sure about it - Pin was totally head over heels for you too, and you were totally flying up into your caramel clouds, mutually pining and it wouldn't be long until you'd confess your feelings for each other...