[PIN HAWTHORNE DRABBLE]

The reader is Pin's sister/a female!

Prompts: A37. "As long as that is on my wall, I swear I'm not going to sleep." and A98. "Wait - did you just agree with me?"

Warnings: a spider

Word count: 835

"Pin!" your scream echoed throughout the house, and Pin jumped awake immediately, almost stumbling onto the floor. Your scream sounded like it was an emergency, and he quickly almost jumped down the stairs. He was met with you shaking in your bed, staring at the wall. He turned his gaze there too, and - saw a spider. A little, tiny spider, which was barely the size of his thumb. "Please help me, take that away."

"A spider," he sighed. "You woke me up for a spider?"

"No, a huge spider," you argued.

Pin groaned. "Seriously, Y/N. Just go to sleep. The spider will be gone by the morning."

"I promise I tried to!" you exclaimed as you stared at the spider, then at Pin. "But as long as that is on my wall, I swear I'm not going to sleep." You looked back up at the beast. If you didn't look it through your fear of spiders, it wouldn't be that big. But for you, it was huge.

Pin shrugged. "It's just a spider. It won't hurt you."

Your eyes narrowed at him. "I don't like spiders. They're creepy and weird looking."

He laughed. "Alright, I'm helping it out. I'll just fetch something to aid with catching it."

You looked up at the spider again. It was on your wall, crawling across the wallpaper, its legs moving slowly, but steadily. You shuddered. "Be quick, I don't want it to descend onto me while I'm sleeping!"

"Oh, don't worry about that," he said. "I'll get a bowl or something and trap it." He left your room, but came back soon after. He held a large glass bowl in his hands. The spider scuttled towards him.

"Pin, look out!" you squealed and covered your eyes with your blanket.

"Relax, I've got this." he chuckled and carefully placed the bowl onto the creature. It seemed to move around the bowl, unsure of what to do next.

"Pin! Don't touch it!" you shrieked. "What if it bites you?"

"It's not venomous, Y/N." he smiled at you. "Now all we have to do is take it outside."

You shook your head. "No way. I can't go out there. I'd never sleep again."

"Don't worry," he said. "I'll make sure it doesn't come near you."

He moved closer to the open window in your room, flipping the bowl over and the spider immediately made its leave. Pin closed the window after it had safely crossed the windowsill, turning to you. "There. All set."

You nodded, letting your blanket fall from your face. "Thank you, Pin."

"My pleasure," he said with a smile. "And now, goodnight."

"Goodnight, Pin." you replied. "Sleep well."

He waved goodbye and walked off down the hall, leaving you alone in your bedroom. You laid back down, staring at the ceiling. You could hear the sound of Pin's footsteps fading away. You closed your eyes, drifting off to sleep.

The next morning, you woke up to the sound of your father washing some dishes, at least judging by the clinking of plates. You took in a deep breath, sitting up and rubbed your eyes while yawning. You stretched, feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin. You were used to waking up early, so you weren't bothered by the fact that you hadn't slept very much.

As you stepped into the kitchen, your father turned to you. "Morning, sweetie."

"Hi, Dad," you replied. "What's for breakfast?"

"Oh, let me think..." he mumbled. "Omelets, toast, cereal...what do you want?"

"Anything," you said. "Just give me whatever you're having."

"Okay, I'll see what I can whip up." He put the dishes down and went back to the fridge. "Let me know if you need anything."

You smiled and wandered around the house, trying to find Pin. Eventually, you found him in his room, reading a book on the bed. He looked up when you entered. "Hey, Y/N."

"Hi, Pin." you said. "How did you sleep?"

"Not bad," he replied. "How about you? How are you feeling?"

You chuckled. "Better now that I know that the spider isn't in my room anymore."

Pin grinned. "It wasn't that big, you know. You would have been able to handle it just fine."

"Yeah, yeah, I know," you rolled your eyes. "Thanks for getting rid of it for me. And yeah, I guess it wasn't that big."

Pin blinked. "Wait - did you just agree with me?"

"With what?" you asked, trying to seem oblivious.

He grinned. "That it wasn't that big."

You nodded after a moment. "I- um, yeah. I think about it now and it... it would have fit on my thumb, so..."

"Okay, what did you do to my sister, who sees even a spider baby as a goliath birdeater tarantula?" he chuckled and ruffled your hair, which you responded with groaning and pushing his hand away.

"Ugh, stop it." you sighed. "I just said that I realised it myself - it wasn't that big."

He laughed. "Fair enough."