[PIN HAWTHORNE IMAGINE]

IMAGINE PIN PRACTICING HOW TO TELL ABOUT HIS FEELINGS FOR YOU WHEN YOU WALK IN TO HIM

Word count: 535

Pin had asked you for a ride to the beach that day, saying it could be good to let the horses to cool down after so many hot summer days. But it was partly an excuse - the girls at the stables had told him to confess his feelings for you for weeks already, and now he had finally gathered enough courage to actually do it, or at least try to do it.

"Y/N, I, um... like you- no," Pin frowned, trying to think how to word it more romantically, but trying to tell himself that he didn't need to be a Shakespeare to make you (hopefully) swoon. "Y/N, I've known you for years and since the girls-" No, don't make them think that you're only saying it because the girls wanted you to. "Y/N, I've known you for years and during the recent times, I've noticed that I've grown to like you as more than just a friend, and... uh..." You can't end it that abruptly, it needs something more.

"Pin?" a voice suddenly said from the stairway and Pin froze, slowly turning to look at the speaker. You stood there, frowning and Pin felt blood rushing up to his cheeks, tinting them red.

"Y/N? What... what are you doing here?" he sputtered out and immediately wanted to slap himself. Of course they're here, you idiot, you asked them for a ride. "I- I mean that, I thought you would wait downstairs."

You nodded, clearly flustered too. "Well, your dad said that you should be about ready so..."

Pin swallowed as you looked down. "How... how long have you stood there?"

"Not long," you quietly said, but then smiled shyly, and added, "But I heard what you said."

Pin blinked at your smile, and then visibly relaxed when he realized it's a good sign. But he still sighed, he had imagined his confession to be more romantic, maybe holding your hands at the beach while at it and not you looking at his back as he muttered it to the empty space in his room. "Uh... I didn't want it to come to you like this."

You allowed yourself to smile a bit wider, and bit your lip. "I like you too. I've... I've crushed on you for a few months now, I just haven't had the courage to say it. The girls know though, of course they do."

His eyes widened at your words, somehow not expecting to hear that, even after seeing you smile like that after his confession. But then he allowed himself to smile too, making his way to you and hugging you tight, and you immediately wrapped your own arms around him, burying your face into his neck. You had hugged a lot of times before, but this hug felt different. It felt like it was full of love.

"Well, I guess the riding trip will be our first date, then?" you murmured against his neck and he chuckled, releasing you from the hug and running his hands up and down your sides, still smiling that beautiful smile at you which felt like it could light up your whole world.

"Yeah, I guess it will be."