[PIN HAWTHORNE DRABBLE]

Prompts: A21. "I'm okay. I'm perfectly fine. Yeah... okay, I'm not fine." and B1. "You're being shy with me, aren't you..." "No I'm not!" "Yes you are!"

Word count: 946

The sun laid its last rays of the day on the island, they were glimmering from the surface of the sea as you were at the top of the hill, admiring the sigh with Pin.

Pin had wanted to go on a spontaneous ride unusually late at the evening, and soon you had found yourself sitting on Jigsy as he grazed the grass with Elvis, watching the sunset together with Pin. It was beautiful, you had to admit, but Pin has just ridden there and told you that you should stay there for a moment, and then had fallen silent.

"Do you remember when I was arrested?" Pin suddenly asked, and you frowned.

"Yeah, why?"

"You were the only one who stood up for me. You begged the officer not to take me." Pin frowned, remembering the moment.

"Because I knew you weren't guilty to anything else than stealing those medicines, and I knew you'd never steal them without a good cause." you shook your head and chuckled. "I was so angry at Zoe. She tried to tell me that she's sorry that I'm so upset about you being arrested but that it had to be done to protect the remaining horses at the stables, I almost punched her for that. And for a moment I was angry at you too when you forgave Zoe so easily."

Pin let out an amused huff too, but then fell silent for a moment. But he spoke again soon. "You also were the only one besides dad who supported me when I rode for Holloway."

You nodded. "I just was glad that your skills were appreciated." you told him and chuckled. "But why are you talking about these things? It sounds like you're about to propose to me or something."

He fell silent again, looking at the scenery which the setting sun painted beautifully golden.

"The prom is tomorrow again." Pin spoke up again. You nodded.

"Yeah. I heard Mia got some band playing there, she has some friends who have friends who knows the singer if I understood right."

"Are you going?"

You shrugged. "I don't know. I guess. I don't have anything else to do."

"I was thinking we could go there together." Pin told you and your gaze immediately snapped to him.

"What? As friends?"

"If you want to go as friends, that's okay too." he said and smiled at you softly.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Okay." you stuttered. "I... uh..."

Pin grinned. "You're being shy with me, aren't you..."

You shook your head furiously, feeling your cheeks heating up. "No I'm not!"

"Yes you are!"

You groaned, turning your face away from him. "Stop it, Hawthorne."

He just kept grinning, squeezing Elvis to a trot and you followed him, neither of you talking much for the rest of the ride. But your heart pounded like crazy, thinking Pin's words - "If you want to go as friends, that's okay too."

Okay too? Did he mean that it could also be a date for something more than "just" friends?

Back at the stables, you had said goodbye to Pin as he rode home and put Jigsy to his stable. Then, you came out and leaned against the wall for a moment. You felt like you could dance home.

"Y/N? Are you okay? You look a bit weird." Zoe came to you, and you realized that you must have looked starstruck.

You nodded your head quickly. "I'm okay. I'm perfectly fine. Yeah..." you stuttered, but Jade gave you a knowing look as Gaby and Becky were clearly holding in a laugh. You groaned, your friends knew you way too well. "Okay, I'm not fine."

Zoe raised an eyebrow at you. "What is it?"

"I think Pin just asked me to a date..." you mumbled, and all four girls broke into wide grins, Becky and Jade high-fiving each other.

"We won the bet!" Becky exclaimed, leading you giving her a puzzled look.

Gaby sighed. "Well, technically it's a tie."

"Wait, what?" you asked, and the girls immediately looked guilty. "You placed bets on me?"

Zoe scratched her neck. "Well, the Pony Prom is tomorrow again. Me and Gaby were sure that Pin would ask you on a date there, because well... there's slow dancing and everything, we thought he'd try to make it romantic because he has been hoarding feelings for you for months. But Becky and Jade said that he'd ask you to be his date to the prom a few days earlier."

Gaby groaned. "He was being romantic, they were on a ride when sun was setting and then he asked Y/N. And it's not a few days earlier, the Pony Prom is tomorrow. I say it's a tie."

"You're just a sore loser." Becky smiled proudly. "We agreed that whoever wins the bet, gets a free meal at Jerry's."

"I'm flattered. You four placing bets on how lucky I am with my love life." you rolled your eyes but couldn't help but smile. "But glad to hear that you all believed that Pin would ask me out eventually."

"C'mon Y/N, it was always meant to be. Ever since I came to the stables, I saw you're meant for each other. You were the only one who seemed to care about him anyway when he was only a stable boy here." Zoe shoved your shoulder playfully and winked. "Now, you should go home. Shower at the morning and use some time to gussy up. You need to be at your best tomorrow for the Duke."

You grinned, taking your bag and complying Zoe's advice - you already knew that the prom would be amazing this year.