[PIN HAWTHORNE DRABBLE]

Prompts: A19: "What's this?" "I bought you binoculars because now you get to look at them better... or you could go talk to them." and A24. "Tell me something. Do I look like a bunny?"

A/N: I hope you like it 💗

Word count: 947

It wasn't a secret, even though Pin tried to keep it so. Pin was head over heels for you, an intern who had come from the mainland to study horse caring at Bright Fields, but had since stayed on the island for a longer time. Everyone knew it was because of Pin, but neither of you refused from admitting your feelings. But little things told everything, how you were constantly caught staring at each other when you thought nobody saw. And it was the case now too, Pin stared at you and dreamed of what could be, just like a teenager in love would usually do.

"Go talk to them." Zoe's voice snapped Pin out of his thoughts.

"Who?"

"Well, of course Jack Skellington, who else?" she rolled her eyes. "No, seriously. You know who I mean. Y/N."

Pin raised his eyebrows at his friend. "They're busy. I'm busy. I don't have time to talk to them right now. And there's nothing to talk about."

Zoe sighed. "I thought you would say that. Give me your hands." And then she reached for her bag and placed a large pouch on Pin's hands.

"What's this?" Pin asked, inspecting the pouch. Zoe snorted.

"I bought you binoculars because now you get to look at them better... or you could go talk to them." she told him as Pin took them out from the pouch, raising her eyebrows when Pin didn't move, just staring at the binoculars. "Well?"

"Bought?" Pin looked at Zoe. "These are meant for birdwatchers. These must have cost hundreds of pounds."

Zoe scoffed. "Alright, they're my grandfather's, but don't change the subject. Go talk to Y/N. Please, we all are sick to watch you two pining over each other and you could be a pair for the Halloween party."

Pin sighed. "I'm not fond of parties anyway."

"But you're attending anyway because of Y/N." Zoe chuckled. "Might as well go as a couple. Just go."

Zoe pushed Pin forward a bit to make a point and Pin groaned, knowing Zoe wouldn't give up. So he started to make his way to you, seeing you sitting in front of a mirror and doing something.

"Hey Y/N." he muttered from the door.

You turned around with your Halloween kit pen in hand, causing Pin to step back in surprise. He almost didn't recognize you.

"Pin! Good, you're here. I've been fighting with this for an hour. Tell me, do I look like a bunny?" you asked, your fake teeth almost falling off.

Pin didn't know what to say at first, and you groaned, making a move to wipe the makeup from your face. "I'm not good at this."

Pin stepped forward, looking at the mess in front of you. You had been dressed to a bunny kigurumi and face paints and a dozen of different makeup pencils were scattered all over the tiny table in front of you as you started to apply whiskers again.

"Can I stay here with you?" he blurted out, and you snapped your gaze at him, obviously surprised.

"Uh... sure. Just don't make me laugh, my hand has to stay steady." you smiled at him, secretly your heart pounding wildly and you were sure Pin could hear it, just as Pin thought you could hear his heart. He nodded, sitting down on a stool near the wall.

An awkward silence fell over you, until you couldn't take it anymore. You had to ask. "Um... do you want to go to the party with me? I don't have a date-" you stopped yourself and slapped yourself internally. "I- I mean, we don't have to go as date-dates, like romantically, we can go as friends. Um... I know you're not fond of parties, but it could be fun." you babbled.

Pin blinked at you, before he broke into a small grin. "Well, I was thinking about asking the same from you."

You almost dropped your pencil, thinking Pin would decline. "Really?"

His grin grew wider and he looked at his hands for a moment. "I might have old, ripped clothes at home... do you think a zombie could be a good costume?"

You stared at him for a moment, the fact that you were going to go to the party with Pin was settling in. Then you blinked, registering his question. "Yeah. Yeah, that could be good. I think I have some black eyeshadow, I could try to make you pale with dark eyes. Uh... the party begins at eight, so we have about three hours left. If you go to get the costume now, I have time to experiment with your makeup?"

Pin nodded, glancing at the direction of Elvis. "I'll ride as fast as I can, I'll be back in about half an hour."

"Great. See you then." you said and bit your lip.

"Yeah, see you." he replied, standing up and making his way to Elvis. You could barely contain your shaking hand, and Zoe appeared to the doorway with Gaby.

"Well?"

"He... he said yes." you mumbled, turning to look at them. "Pin said yes."

The girls broke into wide grins, before Gaby stepped forward. "Well, you'd better get your makeup done before your Prince Charming comes back. We'll help you."

You shook your head. "We agreed we'd go as friends."

"Oh c'mon Y/N, it's obvious he likes you. He's just bad in expressing his feelings." Gaby rolled her eyes and you felt your cheeks heating up immediately. She took the cap off from a black makeup pen, pulling a stool under her. "Now, stay still. You'll be the cutest bunny ever when Pin comes back..."