Bacon And Eggs on Toast :) |5|

(Check chapter number!)

Standing in the elevator Mr. Barton started to hum. It seemed as if he was trying to make the atmosphere more awkward by lowering in and out of tune.

"Guess they shoulda kept the elevator music in, huh?" Y/n sassed, shoving her hands in her pockets.

Natasha snickered at the kid's dig towards her partner.

"Ahh, Nat, I think she's got brain damage too," Barton replied with mocking despair. "My humming is top notch."

"Turn up your hearing aids and we'll talk," Miss. Romanoff replied.

The elevator dinged and Mr. Barton stepped out to a busy area with an oval shaped upper level that a set of metal stairs led up to. The three walked, Miss. Romanoff hanging back with Y/n as she limped along.

The ache had grown from her lower ribs up her chest as time went on and the feeling left Y/n sick to her stomach. Every movement jabbed a piece of her bones back into the wrong place and then it moved. Her cage keeping in her organs pulling apart.

"You sure you're alright?" The redhead asked.

Y/n didn't say anything regarding that. "You can't really do anything for a broken rib..." the girl huffed.

"Pain killers," the woman offered. "What happened exactly anyway? And don't try to save Harley's neck either because I'll know if your lying."

Y/n rolled her eyes at herself and her stupidity. "I'm an idiot. Harley wanted me to test out his 'Iron Lad' armor. Everything was fine for two seconds and then the repulsors went crazy and I shot towards the ceiling and crashed on the ground," the girl shrugged and immediately winced.

Miss. Romanoff gave her a somewhat sympthatethic look.

"What's that tech that changes your face? I saw you use it before and tried to replicate it once..." the girl brought up suddenly.

The redhead nodded her head as she walked. "Photostatic Veil. Partially nanotech and the rest is chemically altered manufactured cells. I don't think you would've thought of the cells."

Y/n shook her head. "I tried out nanotech. I have a mask-like thing at home made of it but it's hard to make it so that there's still oxygen coming through..." the girl went on.

"Tony knows all about nanotech," Natasha put out hoping to gauge the girl's reaction of the mentioning.

Turned out that the girl was fairly good at keeping a straight face. "I don't know how that helps me," she laughed. "I would have to be his personal intern for that to possibly work out."

Natasha held open the glass door to Bruce's lab for Y/n. "Not necessarily. I'm sure you could catch him around even if you were a normal intern. Plus, there loads of smart people here who would be willing to help. And with W.E.B. on the way, you have a pretty good chance."

"You seem to hold out hope for me," the girl observed. It confused her.

Out from the back of the room beside a cabinet and counter with various medical and chemist's supplies walked out a man with rectangular wire glasses on his nose and a long white lab coat over his shoulders.

"Oh my gosh you're--"

"The Hulk, yeah--"

"--the most renowned scientist of our time! I read all of your books on gamma radiation, your work is simply unparalleled," Y/n gushed not noticing how it seemed to catch the scientist off guard.

Natasha and Clint chuckled silently as Bruce stuttered.

"Thanks," his voice broke. Clearing his throat, Banner clasped together his hands and then pushed them into his coat pockets, seemingly not knowing what to do with them. "What seems to be the rumpus?"