Eating Breakfast For Dinner But Thinking About Springrolls I Had Before |29|

(Chapter 29)

For Y/n, it seemed like the weekend ended too soon. But doesn't it always?

The Avengers and Y/n spent the remaining day fooling around playing random games. Eventually Natasha, Tony and Y/n finished their poker game and obviously, Natasha won because she was so good at bluffing but she did admit that Y/n was seriously close to fooling her at one point. So that made Y/n feel good about herself.

Wanda had, at one point, come through with her promise of other pajamas for Y/n. The teen felt bad because Wanda had gone out of her way to do that but the witch reassured the teen that it was okay because she liked taking care of everyone. That was so cute to hear.

Y/n realized that she'd actually went out and bought a whole set of random clothing and put it in the spare room for if emergencies happened. Like what? Why was she so nice?!

It warmed Y/n's heart so much and Wanda lost count of the amount of times she was thanked.

Hopefully that feeling of a warm heart would last until the time Y/n got home because she sure would need it.

Tony drove her home Sunday night, reminding her to use the breathing technique that Wanda had briefly explained to help control her powers. Y/n had no idea how it would work but it was calming either way--she'd learn more about it when she would go for her lesson.

That reminded Y/n, Tuesdays was Natasha's training--she thought but couldn't entirely remember and...when was Wanda's? Y/n sighed internally in defeat, I'll figure it out later.

"And if you come across any Faceless, call one of us, alright kid? This is serious and I need you to be smart about this and not jump headfirst into a fight," Tony went on.

Y/n laughed soundlessly, "sure thing--I'll try to be smarter than usual. Gonna be tough cause I'm already a genius," Y/n smirked.

Tony rolled his eyes as he pulled up outside Y/n's house making anxiety bubble in the girl.

"See ya, kid. Stay safe," Tony goodbyed.

Y/n gave a wave as she left, "I think you have more of a risk of getting covid than me but whatever," she winked.

Tony titled his head, "what?"

"Nothing," Y/n turned and walked up her sidewalk as Tony drove away.

A piercing ache was inside Y/n as she tentatively turned the door nob revealing a dark house. She could feel electricity burning in her fingers due to the soul shaking nervousness she was experiencing.

I mean, if I die tonight, at least I can say that I died fairly happy because this weekend was the actual best.

Taking a breath, Y/n stepped into her voiceless house and gently looked around for Joss. Like Y/n had predicted, her blood was all over the house still, trailing all around like a snake.

Staring down at the upturned rug in the kitchen, Y/n's blood ran cold when she felt something sharp press into her back lightly and a hand wrap around her neck. A threat.

"Why are you sneaking around behind my back?" Joss spoke so low and threatening that Y/n actually feared for her life in that moment.

She stayed in place, holding her breath momentarily to stop the electricity from shooting out of her hands. "I'm sorry," Y/n spoke smally in nearly a whimper.

Joss had never had this affect on her but right now, Y/n felt as if she could die any second with Joss' arm wrapped around her neck like a coiled snake ready to choke the life out if her. Another thing was the knife poking into her back where her heart would be.

"That wasn't what I asked for, little girl," Joss bit out, smacking Y/n in the side of the head. "Answer the question or I'll answer it myself. And you won't like what I have to say."

Y/n shut her eyes tight, hoping it was all a bad dream like the millions she'd had before. It wasn't and that was enough for Y/n to want to buckle over.

How could she have failed so badly. How could she have been so careless and why was Y/n failing at maintaining this relationship?

It was all Y/n's fault. And she knew it as much as Joss did.

Another smack connected with Y/n's face as she was too slow in answering. Thw woman roughly pushed her to the couch and Y/n fell on it slightly.

"You worthless thing--you're probably too preoccupied to answer my question because your head is all scrambled from the crack you've been hiding," Joss accused, grabbing Y/n's arm and cutting gashes in it.

Y/n's insides froze at the realization of what Joss thought and her wriggling to try and keep her painful cries in the inside stopped with Joss' ceasing of injuring.

"It's not mine--I promise I would never do something like that. Please, I really didn't--"

"Probably got it from those Avenger freaks--trying to corrupt you. And it's working! You're not the girl I raised," Joss hollered at the scared teenager.

"They didn't--please don't say that," Y/n mumbled either sadness dripping from her eyes. "Please Aunty, please--they never did anything it was all me, I'm sorry just please stop this," Y/n pleaded with teary eyes. A part of her was stunned at her reaction but the majority was being torn apart by the woman's words.

"Don't! You care more about getting high and hanging out with those freaks than your own blood relative! You should feel ashamed right now, little girl," Joss hollered at the teen.

"I do care about you though, I do--"

"Don't lie! You are an ungrateful baby who doesn't deserve kindness for what you've done! You are nothing to everyone! No one cares about you because your selfish. You make no effort to try and help around or be considerate--you are a worthless little shit that shouldn't be alive right now!" Joss continued with rising anger, making Y/n shrink into the couch.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Aunty. Please don't say those things, I'll try harder--I'll be better, I promise," Y/n wept out, barely able to see the flaming angry woman in front of her.

"I won't stop--not until you get it through your head that you're worthless and selfish," Joss smacked her across the face. "Don't back talk me either or you'll be breathing out of your neck," her aunt threatened, pointing the bloody silver knife that Y/n recognized as her own at the teen.

Blood was soaking up the couch and Y/n's new outfit from Wanda. It made Y/n feel ungrateful for what Wanda had done.

Tears trailed down her face, "I'm sorry, I deserve it. I do. I'm sorry," Y/n sobbed.

"Damn right you do--now get out of my sight," Joss dismissed harshly with a hand wave.

Y/n scrambled up the stairs to her room and locked the door. Her room was tore apart with clothing on the ground and all her drawers upturned and scatter. The distraught teen collapsed to the ground and began to fix up her arm with blurry eyes.

After her arm was dressed, Y/n shoved her things back in place and sat in silence for however long. She didn't exactly know. Her apul was drained and she felt guilty, Joss was right. Instead of trying to get to know Joss and fix things, she ran off with the Avengers and paid her no attention. She was selfish.

But she spied a black folder on her dresser with a silver eagle symbol on the front. Her heart skipped a beat as she remeber Fury's offer. He girl scrambled to the file with a new hope in her heart.

Maybe she could prove it to Joss by saving the world.

Who'm I kidding, nothing will please her.

But I have to try...